CHAPTER 25

Franco Calvetti's POV

"So that's her?" My cousin, Lucca asked with a maddening tone when we were left alone. Amy and Tatiana went to check on the kids at the dessert table. 

My eyes narrowed in his direction. "What's with the accusing tone, cousin?"

His gray eyes smiled devilishly making me frown. "Well, I have to admit that I got curious about her since you told me over the phone that you have a son with her. Didn't expect that one coming."

The frown deepened in my eyebrow. "We met in the summer in Lake Como six years ago but by some twist of fate we broke up and never had contact with one another after that. We just crossed paths again recently."

"I gather that much," Lucca commented with a knowing smile on his face. "Are you going to marry her?"

Trust him to be this blunt when Amy and I didn't even talk about that yet. I only managed to shake my head. "It's complicated."

"Every love story is complicated in the beginning, amico." He said thoughtfully, his eyes twinkling with laughter in their depth. "If I just knew I should have tagged along someone to help you with your dilemma."

I grimaced at him. "If you are talking about that sarcastic friend of yours I don't want his advice on love."

Lucca grinned at my annoyance at the man he was talking about. I already met him on a few occasions and there's nothing good that comes out of his mouth with that sardonic manner of his.

Looking up at my cousin I couldn't help but remember the past. Growing up I was close to him I even consider him my older brother since he was a few years older than me but we somehow grew apart when studied in America in his college years and spent a lot of time with his two best friends.

After his college graduation, he asked me if I was interested in joining the army since he was going to apply himself and so I agree with him about the urge of my parent. We spent four years in the army before he suddenly needs to quit because his father just died and he was about to inherit the title of the duke. From then on we drifted apart even more though I still have communication with him even now and then.

"You'll be surprised how much he change since he got married, Franco," Lucca said dragging me out of my reverie.

I snorted at the thought. Even though he's already married that man would never change. Marco Orsini was one of the reasons why I stop spending time with Lucca to avoid his company.

"I don't think so," I informed him after a moment.

The smile in Lucca's eyes was still there. He folded his arms in the middle of his chest while looking at me sanguinely. "Believe me he's quite expert now when it comes to love and he might even invite you to his club."

"What club?"

"Forgive me." He offered with a small smirk playing in his mouth. "I think I have said too much."

I shook my head in resignation while looking at him. "You become weirder as the time passes by, cousin."

"Believe me," he inserted smoothly, his rich gray eyes filled will laughter. "You have you idea what the hell happened to my life in recent years."

"Marco Orsini and his escapades, I believe," I commented dryly. "I rarely see him at parties since he got married."

Lucca chuckled at me. "He's quite busy with other's stuff, Franco. His number one priority is his club."

That made me curious. "What is that? Some sort of charity?"

"You could say that." He shrugged casually. There was something in his eyes that tells me that there was some private inside joke that he was not telling me. "So what are your plans now?"