CHAPTER 26

Amethyst St. Clair's POV

"Good morning," I said shyly as I reach the poolside area where Max and Liliana were having breakfast.

"Buongiorno." Franco's mother greeted us with a warm smile on her face as she was busy placing food on Max's plate.

"Good morning, Mommy!" My son replied with a grin on his face. "Sleep well?"

I couldn't help the blush that spread through my cheeks. Of course, there's nothing new that I am always late for breakfast since...

"Good morning." Franco interrupted my trail of thoughts as he also came out of the house. He kissed his mother on the cheeks and did the same with our son when I thought he was about to sit on the vacant chair he smiled brightly in my direction. "Buongiorno, amore mio."

There was a sly grin on his face that before I could even react he dip his head and give me a greeting kiss but unlike the one he gave to his mother and our son his lips graze on the side of my mouth.

I glared at him hotly. He was the reason why I am always late for breakfast. If he doesn't keep me awake every night then I would not be late for breakfast.

I frowned when I realize that he was already dressed for the day. "You're going out?"

"We are going out."

My eyebrows raised upward at his sudden announcement. "Where? Why I haven't heard of this?"

He grinned at me as if he enjoy catching me off guard for once. "It's a surprised, my love."

I stared at him for a moment before glancing at his mother and our son who were busy pretending not to listen to our conversation but the smile keep on showing on their faces. My eyes narrowed instantly in Franco's direction it seems to me that I was the only one who was not aware of this sudden trip.

"I hate surprises," I informed him staring straight into his eyes.

"Trust me." He said with that grin that was still fixed on his face. "You will like this little surprise I have for you."

I glanced briefly at our son who was busy eating with his grandmother. "Max is coming with us on this trip, right?"

"No, Mommy," Max answered from the table with a mischievous smile on his face. "It's just you and Daddy. I will be staying here with Nonna."

"But—"

"It's okay, dear," Liliana said with a reassuring smile. "I will look after Massimo while you guys are away." She looked down at her grandson affectionately. "We're going to be fine on our own, right?"

"Yes, Nonna!"

I smiled at him since he was getting along with his grandmother and he was also starting to learn some Italian words with the help of his father.

I looked at Franco. "Are we going to leave now?"

"Yes." He answered with a private smile on his face. I don't think I like this mysterious outing he prepared for both of us. He lowered his head and whispered something naughty in my ears that made me feel the sudden heat on my cheeks. "Bring some bikini if you have, my love."

I threw a dirty look but this devil merely gave me a wicked smile. "I will be waiting for you here."

I went back inside the house and pack for this date—wait, could I even call this a date? Oh, well whatever this was I have to admit that I was pretty much excited if I have to be honest with myself.

I put on two dresses, a couple of underwear, and the swimsuits he suggested moments ago. When I was done packing up I went down to see Franco patiently waiting for me on the poolside with Max and his mother.