͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Why Is He Here ?

"Have you joined a club yet?" someone behind her started a conversation with her. She turned around, parts of her hair falling infront of her face.

"Uh, no, I haven't," she tucked the loose strands behind her ear. The person who was speaking to her was a tall boy, most likely a second or third year, he had dark shaggy hair cut short on the sides and a bright smile was on his lips.

"Are you interested in Managing for a club?" She'd been a manager before and she wasn't much of an athletic person, it was the perfect offer.

"Yes!" She chirped, returning his smile, "What club?"

"Basketball," he responded, "oh, and my names Tsukuda Hiroki, I'm the captain of the team,"

"[ l/n ] [ y/n ],"

"Lovely to meet you [ l/n ]-San, do you want to do a trial membership before actually joining?"

"Oh, no thank you," she declined politely, picking her bag off of the floor, "I've been a manager in the past, I know the ropes."

"Perfect. It starts after school today in the second gym, it says 'volleyball gym' under it, just so you know, it's a shared gym and we haven't changed the label yet."

"Okay, thank you!" she smiled at him again and he bowed, continuing with his recruiting. The hallways were a mess on the first day. Students covered every inch of the small space, most of them recruiting for clubs. She had to weave her way through groups of people to find class 1-5.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Her first day of high school was a success. She had good teachers, she didn't embarrass herself in any way, it was going great for her. She was walking down the hallway, wandering half aimlessly, trying to find the mislabeled gym.

He tossed the ball up, and jumped into the air. As he hit the ball, the door slid open, catching his attention. His landing was unbalanced, he was shocked to see what he did. His eyes widened and time seemed to slow down when he realized who he was looking at. She looked the same, but still different. Her eyes were bright and enchanting with the sun reflecting in them, they had widened upon seeing him as well. The sun hit her perfectly, making it appear that she was glowing. She was in the Karasuno uniform, but she had removed her blazer and ribbon, and the uniform fit against her body perfectly. She had matured since the last time they saw each other. She was even more beautiful than he remembered. He felt weird seeing her again, it was a feeling he couldn't quite put a name to, he didn't like it. A silence filled the gym, neither of them knew what to say, or if they wanted to, or should, say anything at all. An embarrassed pink rose in her cheeks and she disappeared from the doorway as quickly as she had appeared.

Wrong volleyball gym.
Why is he here? I thought he was going to Aoba Johsai like everyone else on the team. no; Don't let him already get to you. You can't manage a new team if you're a mess. It doesn't matter that he's here anyway, you're over him. That was a year ago, you're fine now.

She placed a hand to her chest and took a few deep breaths, recollecting herself. Once she had calmed down, she made her second attempt to find her way to the correct gym. She made sure she was at the correct gym before sliding the door open.

"Oh, [ l/n ]-San!" Tsukuda greeted her as soon as she stepped into the gym. The rest of the team gathered around her, intrigued by the new first year that just stepped in and prolonged the beginning of their practice, "This is [ l/n ] [ y/n ]-San, she is going to be our new manager."

"It's a pleasure to be able to work with you," she bowed only her head. Each of the players introduced themselves to her one by one along with the coaches.

"You need to get everyone's measurements for the team jackets," The coach said, handing off a small notebook to her, "Call them over, starting with the third years,"

"Okay, and what about you and Yamazaki-San?"

"Ours are already in there," Nakano said, turning his head away from her. She knew what she was doing but it was still weird to her, it wasn't the same as it had been for her in middle school. She knew everyone immediately in middle school and now she hardly knew anyone on the team. As she was calling out names for measurement taking, she couldn't help but think back to what happened in the other gym.

So Kageyama's at Karasuno, huh? Why didn't he go to Aoba Johsai like the rest of the team. It doesn't matter.

She shook her head as if it was going to clear the thoughts from her head. She still kept thinking back to it as she went through every player, she would shake her head every time those thoughts came back, earning her some confused and concerned looks from some of the teammates.

"Hey, [ l/n ]-San!" Tsukuda called out to her, stomping his foot into one of his shoes quickly. she hummed her response and turned to him, "uh, Care if I join you? Erm- I mean, while you walk home,"

"Oh, of course," she smiled followed by a small laugh, "you don't have to rush, I can wait," she commented, watching him struggle with his shoes. He stopped stomping his shoe on and bent down to undo the laces.

"There," he huffed, popping back up onto his feet, joining her and the two began their walk.

"Sorry if I came off as weird," Tsukuda said with a small chuckle, "The other manager, Ryouta, wasn't here today and I normally walk home with her,"

"oh, you didn't come off as weird at all," She shook her head, "I don't mind the company."

"Okay, cool,"

"Is she going to be there tomorrow?" Takahashi turned her head towards him, "Do you know if she is?"

"I'm not sure," Tsukuda shrugged lightly, "We'll have to see. See you tomorrow, [ l/n ]-San."

"see you," Takahashi waved at him as he diverged off of the same path as her.