よん

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

It's Been Too Long !!

[ y/n ] was woken up by the vibrations of her phone against her desk. She slowly sat up and walked to her phone, checking her messages.

To: [ y/n ] [ l/n ]
From: Hayashi Yasu
omg [ y/n ] are you free today?
It's like the 4th weekend of the new school year and we still haven't gotten together
You promised we would!

She smiled as she typed out her response, setting a time and place to meet up with her friends. She quickly got a response from Hayashi and Kato.

To: [ y/n ] [ l/n ]
From: Hayashi Yasu
Yes!!! There's a small cafe by my place we can meet up there!!! Kato said she can come too
I can't wait to see you it's been so long

She stuck her phone into her pocket as she stepped out of her room being greeted by her older sister.
"Is mom home?"
"Nope, she's on call," [ s/n ] replied simply, "I'm in charge while she's out too,"
"surprise, surprise. I'm meeting up with Kato and Hayashi today."
"Cool, tell them I say Hi and that they shouldn't be strangers. You should have them over soon."
"Maybe I will." she smiled and nodded, Her sister followed her as she walked to the kitchen, "Tea?"
"oh, yes please!" She took out two mugs and placed them on the counter and turned, starting the water boiler. "Hows Karasuno? You never talk about school."
"It's good, I'm managing the Basketball team." [ y/n ] leaned her arms on the counter and collapsed into them, "Kageyama's at Karasuno." her groan muffled by her arms.
"what? But- Didn't everyone go to Aoba Johsai, why's he at Karasuno? How'd you find that out?"
"I walked into the wrong gym,"
"Oh, that's cheesy!" [ s/n ]'s head fell back as she laughed. "What time are you meeting the girls?"
"Two hours," [ y/n ] dropped the teabags into each mug, pushing one towards her sister. She took a sip of her own, "Apparently there's a new cafe by Hayashi's house,"
"100 yen, it's not new she just never knew it was there,"
"100 yen? Alright, I accept your bet." She smirked, her phone vibrated in her pocket. She stared blankly at the message, "'wear something cute' what does she mean?"
"well, obviously she wants you to dress cute,"
"Wow, thanks, genius. But why?"
"Setup? She found a guy for you?"
"no."
"But-"
"no." She looked up at her sister, sliding her phone towards her.
"Wear something cute, please." she read the message aloud, "okay that's definitely a setup. please, she's totally bringing a guy."
"she's not. It's her, me, and Kato. Why would she bring a guy?"
"because someone isn't exactly over you know who~"
"Shut up, yes I am." The other [ l/n ] grinned.
"Are you gonna let me help you or not?"
"Fine."
"oh yeah, another 100 yen if there's a guy."
"there's not going to be a guy, but I accept." [ s/n ] grabbed her hand, dragging her back into her bedroom. As soon as [ s/n ] stepped into her room, she tore through [ y/n ]'s dressers and drawers, throwing clothes everywhere telling her to try on certain things.
"oh perfect! This with that little skirt you have!" [ s/n ] proudly held up a shirt. "Where is that mini skirt? I saw it somewhere..."
"I dunno, you wrecked everything," [ y/n ] remarked, holding up the skirt. "I cannot believe I'm doing this. Give me that shirt." she grabbed the shirt from her sister and pulled off her own hoodie, replacing it with the blouse. She held up her finger and signaled for her sister to turn around.
"Oh my goodness! Yes, that's what you're wearing!" [ s/n ] clapped her hands, "oh, I hope the boy's cute!"
"stop it with the boy thing, please." [ y/n ] sighed and did a final spin for her sister, "done," [ s/n ] danced up to her sister running her fingers through her long hair, messing around with it, and fixing it for her. "I'm not going on a date, I Don't need to look perfect."
"Pushaw! You don't need to try to look perfect!" She smiled running her fingers through her sister's hair once more, "okay, you're all done. Now you can relax for another hour before you go out."
"Thank you," [ y/n ] smiled softly and pulled her sister into a weak hug.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

[ y/n ] held up her hand and knocked on the door. The door was swung open as soon as she knocked.
"[ Y/N ]!" Hayashi cheered, pulling her into her house, "I love your shirt. Kato's in the living room. I'll be right back!" Hayashi disappeared up the stairs. [ y/n ] nodded at nothing and walked through the small home, into the living space.
"Kato!"
"oh, [ y/n ]!" Kato hopped up from the couch and hugged [ y/n ], taking her by surprise.
"Someone's happy," [ y/n ] laughed, hugging Kato tightly, "So, how's Seijoh treating you?"
"oh it's great," Kato nodded, "It's a lot nicer than Kitagawa Daiichi, that's for sure."
"I figured, you seem a lot more... Well rounded." Hayashi entered the living room, without saying a word.
"She even tried Managing the Volleyball club because of you," Hayashi laughed, "What did you say? It reminds you of her?"
"That's not-" Kato covered her face with her hands, She stood up from her place on the couch, "Are we ready to go?"
"Yeah!"

Hayashi raised one of her fingers, pointing to a small building across the street from them.
"There it is! Cute isn't it?"
"Wasn't that there last time we came over here, like last year?" Kato cocked her head, glancing both directions before she hurried across the street ahead of the other two.
"Nope, it's brand new. It used to be part of that bookstore though." Hayashi glanced down at her phone, checking her messages, hurrying across the street after the two, "The really small one [ y/n ] used to live in basically!" She grinned widely, snapping her phone shut and laughing.
"oh yeah, I miss that place!" [ y/n ] nodded, smiling, "We should stop by afterward. Since I moved I haven't seen this place."
"We haven't seen you since you moved!" Hayashi laughed, looking down at her phone again. "What'll you two have? I'll go order for all of us,"
"Chai Latte, please!" [ y/n ] pulled a chair out from the table Kato was already sitting at.
"Expresso is fine," Kato slouched forward, laying on the table staring at [ y/n ].
"Is something bothering you, Kato? You only ever get that expressive if somethings on your mind." [ y/n ] commented side-eyeing Kato as she buried her face into her arms.
"Kageyama isn't at Seijoh,"
"I know,"
"Wait- you do?" Kato sat up, raising her eyebrows, "Wait- is he...?"
"At Karasuno? Yes," [ y/n ] shook her head and rolled her eyes, "Man, everyone acts like I'll die if I ever even see him again, I'm fine. We're not in the same class so I don't see him ever. Plus, I'm over him, it doesn't matter." She waved her hands around dismissively. Kato narrowed her eyes at her friend as she turned away from Kato, Her fingers were twisting the small gold band around her middle finger, the ring Kageyama gave her three years prior. [ y/n ] was watching Hayashi from the window. Kato knew why she wouldn't look back at her, Kato would see it in her eyes that she was lying so she just didn't look at her.
"I come bearing Caffeine!!" Hayashi announced setting the drinks on the table, passing the drinks to each of them, "Did I miss anything good?"
"Nope. Thanks for this, Hayashi," [ y/n ] responded a little too quickly. She held her cup to her lips, not taking a sip but just holding it there. "Man, I missed you two,"
"We missed you!" Hayashi giggled, She glanced down a third time at her phone, piquing the curiosity of the others.
"You keep on checking that. What's that about?" Kato asked, nodding her head towards the small flip phone.
"Oh, eh-" Hayashi let out a chuckle, "I kinda slipped up to Kindaichi that I was seeing you today and... yeah,"
"Since when do you and him talk?"
"Since this year," Hayashi laughed, "I would stop by, boosting someone's sad attempt at managing and I honestly don't really know."
"It was just a trial membership, I'm not managing anything," Kato cleared up Hayashi's remark. "Plus volleyball isn't very exciting for me."
"Ouch, [ y/n ] is right next to you, ya'know,"
"Nah, it's fine. Volleyball isn't for everyone. Tell him I miss him, I'll go to at least one of their matches." [ y/n ] sipped on her Tea, the smile on her face turned to a laugh. "Hayashi and Kindaichi- that's new!" She placed a hand over her mouth.
"What- it- what- what are you saying?"
"Sorry, you two just don't seem very compatible friends."
"We're not," Hayashi shrugged, "I'm pretty sure I annoy him."
"What's new?" Kato remarked, a sly smirk on her lips.
"You're an acquired taste, I guess, you gotta get used to it."
"Wow, Thanks guys," Hayashi sighed, "love ya' too,"
"Ah, you know we love you, Hayashi!" [ y/n ] laughed, she was so happy to be back with her friends.