さん

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Oh , Uh , I - It's Me ?

The thought of Kageyama and Her being at the same school was lingering in the back of her head since she saw him. She didn't go to Aoba Johsai for a reason but she started to regret that decision just a little bit more, it added to her just missing her old friends. She sat in her desk, zoning out on the wooden top of her desk. A thousand thoughts going through her mind at once, giving her a minor headache. The bell had already rung, the 10-minute break in between classes had begun and she hadn't budged from her seat.
"[ y/n ]...?" A quiet female voice came from the doorway, making her head snap up.
"Hm? Does someone need me?" She stood up from her desk, the girl was about her height and probably her upperclassmen.
"Oh good, I got the right room," She stepped into the room, her somewhat quiet demeanor dissolved, her steps were heavier and she had a confident air about her and a wide smile permanently on her face, "I'm Choko Ryouta, the other Manager! Aw, You're so cute! Hiroki told me about you!"
"And he told me about you as well, kind of," Takahashi returned her smile. Choko clasped her hands in between her own.
"I'm so glad he found another manager! It gets kind of boring being the only girl, ya know?" Her grin grew wider if that was even possible, "Oh, It'll be so fun! Just us girls! Ah! I've been rambling, I apologize. I never let you talk."
"You're a third-year, correct, Choko-Senpai?"
"Yep! Please, Just Choko!" Choko let go of [ y/n ]'s hands, placing her own on her hips, "I hope the boys didn't give you too hard of a time, I usually have to get them to behave."
"They didn't cause any trouble,"
"Oh, you're so polite!" Choko giggled, "Well, I should probably get back to my class, See you at practice, [ y/n ]-Chan!" Choko waved enthusiastically and bounded out of the room. The other students in the classroom were staring at her, she just stood still, stunned at the third year coming into her class just to talk to her. She blinked multiple times, Choko's loud voice had added on to her already pre-existing headache. There was still time left in the break, so she stepped out of the class and began to walk around the campus to pass time and hopefully clear her mind. As she walked, she gave small smiles and greetings to the people she passed until she saw him again, Kageyama and a short boy with bright orange hair were walking side by side towards her direction. She quickly averted her eyes when they met the Gingers wide brown ones, she turned on her heel quickly and sped-walked back to her classroom. She silently cursed herself as she walked away from them for being too afraid and nervous to walk past him.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

She slid the door open of the Basketball gym, stepping inside.
"Ah, [ y/n ]-Chan!" Choko chirped, bounding towards the first year, "D'ya have the notebook? The one with all the team stuff in it?"
"Yes, I do," [ y/n ] nodded, she opened her bag, digging around in it before pulling out the small notebook, the coach gave her previously, "Here ya go,"
"Thanks! I was sick yesterday so I missed the first day which is also my favorite!" Choko's cheeks puffed out as she spoke, "ah, oh well, I was fashionably late!" Her stupid joke made [ y/n ] crack a smile, "You should smile more! You're really cute ya know," [ y/n ]'s face burned at the sudden compliment.
"Don't let Ryouta intimidate you, She's got a big personality," Tsukuda remarked walking up to the two, wrapping one of his arms around her waist, kissing her cheek. "Considering how short she is,"
"Hey! I'm not small, you're just really tall!" she shook her head, "don't think that kissing me is gonna make that comment disappear." she put a hand on his cheek and pushed him away, "Ignore him," [ y/n ] chuckled at the bickering couple, "oh! I never asked you this, Is this your first time managing?"
"I managed my Junior High's Volleyball Club, I know a lot about managing but nothing about Basketball..." [ y/n ] put a hand behind her head and laughed lightly.
"Wait, why didn't you do volleyball again? Oh wait, Don't tell me something traumatic happened to you! Ah, I didn't mean to intrude-"
"You're not intruding," [ y/n ] shook her head, "I wouldn't call it 'traumatic' but I have too many memories with volleyball."
"oh so like Nostalgia?" Choko asked again, [ y/n ] half shrugged half nodded, "I see, well now you can learn about Basketball! It's really cool watching it on court-level, just wait and see!" [ y/n ] nodded again, a small smile crept onto her face. [ y/n ] started to really enjoy Choko's presence, She reminded her of Hayashi and it made her feel more comfortable. Choko had become surprisingly quiet once practice had started, creating little verbal comments about certain positions and techniques that needed improvement. She walked [ y/n ] through each position and the role it played in a game.

"Hey, [ y/n ]-Chan!" Choko poked her shoulder, making her turn her head, "D'ya wanna walk together? And can I call you [ n/n ]-Chan?"
"Yes, that's fine."
"Yay! Say, [ n/n ]-Chan, what direction do you go when you walk? I go that way." She lifted one of her hands and pointed behind her with her thumb.
"Oh, I go that way," [ y/n ] pointed in a different direction than Choko, causing Choko to let out a dramatic sigh.
"Okay~" She huffed, putting a hand on her hip, "I guess we can't really walk together then. Bye, [ n/n ]-Chan!"
"Bye-bye!"

The walk home was quiet for most of it. She was finally alone with peace and silence.
"Oh, It's you!" She jumped at the sudden outburst behind her. She turned on her heel and was surprised by who was talking to her, the short boy that was walking beside Kageyama in the hallways.
"Oh, uh- I," she was a mumbling mess. "It's me...?"
"What was with you at school?" She cocked her head at his question, "we made eye contact and you completely freaked out."
"ah," She sighed, nodding her head, "That wasn't because of you," It was his turn to cock his head to the side, a blank and confused expression on his face. "The boy you were with- Kageyama- how do you know him?"
"You know Kageyama?"

Shit, why did I ask?

"Oh- yeah,"
"He's the setter on the volleyball team! How do you know him?" He walked up next to her, holding a bike on the opposite side of his body to her.
"I used to..."
"Used to?" he narrowed his eyes at her phrasing.
"It's a long story- forget I even asked," She shook her head. "I never got your name. I'm [ y/n ] [ l/n ]."
"Hinata Shoyo!" he smiled widely, "What club are you in?"
"I manage for the Basketball team, I'm guessing you're on the volleyball team?"
"Yeah! I'm a Middle Blocker!" he beamed before his shoulders dropped down, "But you probably think that's weird because of my height," a small smile came to her face and she shook her head.
"Nope, I think that's really impressive! Being smaller in a position for tall people makes you stand out." [ y/n ] turned her head towards him. She noticed how tall, or rather small, he actually was. He beamed at her statement.
"You know a lot about volleyball, did you play?"
"Not exactly," She sighed, realizing what she walked herself into, "I used to manage a volleyball team, uh- Kitagawa Daiichi."
"Oh! So that's how you know Kageyama."
"I guess so," She nodded, silently scolding herself, "You're a first-year?"
"Yeah, Class 1."
"I'm in Class 5," There was something about Hinata, he was so cheery, so bright, like the sun.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝐴𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟 𝑁𝑜𝑡𝑒☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

going through and editing this is making me realize how cringe this actually is 😕