Possession is 9/10th's of The Law

I couldn’t resist my urge to look at him. I found his face plagued with pain. He brushed his thumb across my lip. “You don’t really believe in personal space do you?” I asked him trying to keep myself from thinking about the feelings he was giving me by his closeness. He ignored my question releasing a sorrowful sigh, “Looks like they did a number on you. You’re probably just covered with bruises. I should go back there and rip them apart.” He seemed serious about ripping them apart. I smirked at the thought, “Slow down there tough guy. Even though I relish in the thought of you causing them bodily harm, considering what they had probably planned to do to me. I would feel bad if they scratched up that pretty face of yours...” I watched him smirk at my attempt to joke about my near death experience. He looked at me with amusement in his eyes and the smirk still playing on his face, “You’re taking everything surprisingly well...” I smiled up at him, “I guess I’m not your average human. I’m not really afraid of anything.” I raised my eyebrows as he removed his hand from my face. His eyes growing a little serious, “Well, there are somethings I wish you would be afraid of...” he said mutedly. I laughed at his comment turning away from him to look out toward the courtyard, “Why? I figured If I was supposed to die behind the school, then there isn’t much me or anyone else could have done to stop it. There’s a bigger design in play Tristen and we’re all pieces, everything has been pre-decided. So it’s not like I can change destiny.” I turned back to look at him. He stood his hands in his pockets a little hunched over but his eyes intently watching me taking in everything about me as if he was committing it to memory.

  “Yes, but there is a difference between living life without fear, and being completely suicidal...” He raised his eyebrows as if to enhance his point. I felt my eyes narrow at his snide comment, “Yes, and there is a difference between a hero and a annoying pest who just happened to have lucky timing...” I folded my arms across my chest. I watched Tristen’s straight face light up. A smug smirk spreading across his lips, “But since you say everything is pre-decided I guess then there is no such thing as lucky timing...” He stood up straight beaming with satisfaction. I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, well don’t let it go to your to head. We wouldn’t want it to explode...” I swayed a little anxiously as I turned toward the dorms impatiently. I had, had my fill of the show off for one day. “So how do you expect to repay me for saving your life?” Tristen leaned back against the wall, a little chagrinned. I looked over my shoulder at him, “Excuse me?” I said in astonishment. He was watching me with amusement like I was some kind of puppy in the window, “Well, if I’m your hero don’t I get like some kind of reward for saving your life?”

I resisted the urge to stick my tongue out at him. I didn’t want to thank him for helping me because he was conceited and arrogant and he was the last person on earth right now that I would want to thank for anything. I turned to him his body leaned elegantly against the wall like a perfect sculpture completely flawless and beautiful. His eyes were dark but a smile sat on his perfect lips. I felt my heart beating heavily in my chest. He made every nerve in my body alive with the electricity in the air between us. I watched him beckon to me with his finger wanting me to join him. A soft voice spoke gently, Not now. You’ll have time for that later, right now you need to get away from here and fast. I looked into Tristen eyes blankly focusing on the voice in my head, Why? Wind whistled through the space between us, he stared into my eyes with an ageless wisdom that was making my legs feel weak. I hate him. I hate him. The soft voice spoke again over my thoughts, Hurry. You need to leave. You need to get out of here. They’re going to send scouts to locate you. 

I didn’t know where all these strange thoughts were coming from but I felt conviction whenever I heard the voice. It was my voice but yet, it wasn’t mine, not truly. It seemed to know more then I did. It must be my subconscious  mind, for some reason today I woke up with a spilt personality. Someone else sharing the space in my brain. Whatever was happening, I was telling myself things I didn’t know anything about or understand but I trusted my gut and I wasn’t about to not take my own advice. I turned away from Tristen and took a step toward the dorm. The voice let out a growl, Take him with you. He can protect you. I stopped in my tracks, I can protect myself. There was a faint growl in my mind that sent a shiver down my spine. I didn’t want to take Tristen with me because I didn’t like the way I felt around him. I wasn’t in control. If I had to take him with me then I was going to do it my way. I turned back to face him his eyes were glued to me. I walked up to him slowly exaggerating every step. He never took his eyes off him, his smile was bright with his amusement. I looked up into his eyes batting my eyelashes and trying my best to act girly as I had seen Tegan do many times before. I watched his amusement disappear replaced with what looked like an anxious smirk. His body stiffened as I closed the gap between us. He no longer looked relaxed and in control.