Micheal's Blade

Selene’s footsteps clicked against the tiled floor and I listened to the steps counting them which helped calm me. We walked to another ship like looking door which was being guarded by two people that I knew weren’t vampires. They were demons but I wasn’t sure what type. She motioned with her hand and the demons immediately opened the lock. She gave them a brief nod then passed through the door. Seth followed behind carrying me into the huge circular room. I squinted to see in the darkness. Of course they would put me in a dark room that way I couldn’t fight back at all but right now that shouldn’t have been something they were worried about. 

“Chain her up Seth.” Selene’s voice was short and snappy, “I want to make sure this goes according to plan.” 

Seth stopped moving and crouched down setting me nicely onto the cold tile for someone who had done the things he’d done he was being surprisingly gentle which made me anxious. I tried to sit up but my body was still too weak from all my blood loss. I felt Seth’s cold fingers trail down the inside of my arm which made me flinch. He pulled his hand away quickly clamping an iron on over my wrist, “I’m sorry Lucy. I tried to keep you from getting taken but you’re too stupid I guess...” His voice was low enough for only me to hear. What was he talking about? He had tried to kill me before behind the school, in the study, and now. I wanted badly to hurt him but I had no strength, “You can stop pretending. I knew you were helping the fallen all along...” I whispered as he leaned over me clamping an iron over my other wrist. 

His body froze over me, “Is that what you think?” he seemed shocked that I would believe that. I let out a snort, “Of course! Because you would have killed me behind the school if Tristen hadn’t saved me. You drank my blood to keep me from being a problem while Evan and the Headmaster where kidnapped, and you were here waiting for us. That’s a lot of evidence piled against you...” My voice was void of any emotion. Seth was silent, and unmoving, then I heard the sound a his breath shuddering, “You know nothing...” 

I laughed, “How else do you justify your behavior?” He was silent, but his cold fingers touched my neck and I let out a tiny gasp. He was the one laughing next, “Are you dead? It kept you safe didn’t it? Then don’t question my behavior. I do not care about morality, what I want I get, whether I have permission or not and I do things my way, whether it pleases people or not. As long as it gets the job done, I’m satisfied.” I glared up at where I assumed his face was, “Your disgusting!” he replied quickly, “No, I’m a vampire, which would be good of you to remember.” I gave him a nasty look, “Do you expect me to believe anything you say?” He let out a chuckle again, “No, but if you want to get out here alive you’ll do everything I tell you...” I laid completely still. He leaned down so that his face was next to mine, “I’m not a good guy Lucy, but I’m not part of the fallen, contrary to what you may believe. I could care less about this war but I didn’t get a choice as to my part in all of this...” His breath was hot on my skin. He nuzzled his face into my neck, breathing deeply, “Plus, I want to get another chance to taste your intoxicating wine, and if you’re dead how can I?” I felt myself grow hot under the fury of my anger. He laughed pulling back and then without warning he leaned down and took my lips against his. His lips were pressed fiercely against mine, my eyes wide with shock, he moved back quickly his breath ragged, “interesting...” His voice was soft and then he got up, and walked away his footsteps echoing through the room. 

“Lucy?” I heard my name whispered. My mind snapped alert at the sound. I turned my face in the direction the voice had come, “Who’s there?” I whispered back. There was a stretch of silence and I thought maybe I had been hearing things, “It’s Leon, your Uncle...” My heart stopped in my chest. “Is Evan with you?” I asked without much thought. Silence stretched again, and I relaxed against the tile, trying to calm myself.  Leon’s voice echoed out into the silence, “No. They came and took him away yesterday and I’m not sure where they’ve taken him. I’m so sorry Lucy. I’ve failed you...” I could hear the defeat in his tone. My heart sank at his news but I couldn’t give up hope that I would see my brother again. I mustered my strength and reached out with my arm toward his voice, but the iron around my wrist only allowed my arm to stretch so far. I let my arm fall back down, “You didn’t fail me. We’re going to get out of here and get Evan back...” I whispered trying to encourage him.