A Stroll Through Vampire House

“Look, I need to leave.” I said annoyed at Anne who stood between me and the exit. She stood defiantly in front of the door, “No way. Yesterday you looked like death. You’re not going to leave here and give everyone whatever you have...” I wanted to sling this girl over my shoulder and throw he to the ground show her what I thought of her. I heaved a sigh, “I already told you. I’m fine now and whatever I did have wasn’t contagious, so if you wouldn’t mind getting out of the way...” I said gesturing for her to step aside with my hand. She crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes. Alright, she thought she had the upper hand but I was on a mission right now and I was ready to take down anything in my path. In my mind I knew I would have pleasure taking Anne down, showing her a thing or two. 

I gave her a frown and turned away from her. She’s going to fall right into my trap. I took several steps away from her then turned back to look at her still sulking, “I’m sorry...” I said softly. She looked at me with an unwavering glare, “Sorry about what?” her voice was like liquid sugar. I shot her a wicked smile, “For this...” Before she had a moment to prepare I ran straight for her pumping my legs as fast as they would go I twisted through the air connecting my foot with the back of her legs bringing her to her knees. Without hesitation I side stepped and gave her a twist kick to the side of her head. She slumped over in one big heap. I looked down at her my chest heaving. I watched her chest moving, “Why don’t you just have yourself a nice nap...” I said softly as I stepped over her body  pushing the door open and stepping out into the cool afternoon light. 

I snuck around the back of the dorm, like I was a secret agent. My pulse was racing. I wish I could have just waltzed in the front door but I knew no one in this dorm would let me get very far and right now I was on a mission to see my brother. I wasn’t sure which room was his or if he was even inside but I had to try to find him. I pushed my fear down and crept quietly through the shade on the backside of the dorm. I listened carefully but knew I was alone. I stepped back and examined the building looking for a point of entree. Then I saw it. There on the second floor an open window. I looked around quickly for a way to get to the window. There was a tree that I could climb and possibly jump from to the window. 

I ran to the tree and without hesitation pulled myself up higher and higher through its branches like I had done it a thousand times before. I stopped when I saw I was on a branch right below the open window. I crawled out slowly on the branch like a panther completely balanced and in control. I pulled myself into a crouch and then leapt for the window. For a moment I doubted whether or not I would actually make it but when I felt my fingers latched onto the window sill I almost laughed with joy. My body slammed into the brick wall to which I let out a rush of air, and then scrambled up and through the window. I landed lightly on my feet once I was through the window smiling smugly to myself. I looked around me to see where I was. The room was definitely a boys room I could tell by the smell and by the clothes that were thrown about the room. I guess most boys were the same dead or living. I heard a tiny gasp and I turned quickly to see a small boy standing in the doorway with surprised eyes. 

He opened his mouth, “What are you doing in here?” his voice was soft and delicate. I felt myself relax, “What are you doing in here?” his little eyebrow raised up in confusion, “This is my room...” I looked around in a calm manner, “And what a lovely room you have here...” He took a couple steps in the room in a defensive manner, “Who are you?” His dark hair, a wavy and unruly mess falling down around his ears and sweeping across his forehead. His face flawless like a cherub. I wanted to gather him up in my arms and give him a good squeeze. I gave him a charming smile, “I’m Lucy, and who are you?” I asked amused taking a step toward an odd looking figurine on the dresser next to me. He rushed quickly snatching the figurine before I could touch it, “I’m Logan and I don’t like my things being touched...” I looked down at him with surprise. He seemed so normal, I gave him a shrug turning away from him to take another look around the room. There were two beds in the room. The other side of the room seemed compulsively organized. I did a couple spins looking around the room noticing other strange wooden figurines.