8

- Home - 

The 3 men walked in to their home and went their own ways. 

"I'm getting pizza. Anybody want some? I'm too tired to cook and I'm assuming so is anyone" Calum yelled from the kitchen, with his head stuck in the freezer.

"hell yeah." Michael said all happy as he walked down the stairs while putting on his hoodie. "I have points in my app. What do you want, Pepperoni and veggie?" he asked walking into the living room.

"Veggie for me please." Cal said as he sat down in the sofa.

"1 veggie for Mr. Hood, and 2 pepperoni's for the cool kids"

"Michael you make pizza sound so uncool" Ashton said as he turned on the TV. 

Calum just grabbed his blanket and wrapped himself around it and laughed. 

When the pizza arrived, an hour later, the 3 of them jumped at the sound of the doorbell. Collective groans were heard from the sleeping men as Ashton got up to go open the door. He signed off the receipt and received the 3 boxes of warm cheesy deliciousness from the delivery guy. 

The guys ate their pizza slices while watching reruns of The Simpsons eventually falling asleep. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General POV: 

*4 hours later* *8:20 p.m.*

Ashton, Michael and Calum lay asleep in the sofa with pizza boxes surrounding them and the TV on showing reruns of Spongebob in low volume. 

Luke parked his car in the garage and shut off his engine. He just sat there for a moment breathing in and trying to relax his still tensed up body from all the stress he endured in the past 48 hours. His team had been cleared off duty for 72 hours but he still had his gig at the hospital as a psychologist part-time. 

He got off his car, made sure to lock the garage door, and walked in to the house hallway. 

He realized the guys were asleep since it was so silent so he set up the alarm before he made his way through the kitchen. He threw his work bag in the hallway, not caring if Ashton would yell at him for leaving it there when he woke up, walked into the living room and stole a slice of pizza from a softly snoring Calum. He turned off the TV, lifted Michaels feet off the floor and stretched them on the sofa so his hip didn't hurt when he woke up, lifted Ashtons hanging arm and took the box of pizza laying on top of Calum and placed it on the table. He turned off the living room light but left the hallway light on so they had some visibility if they woke up later.

He made his way up to his room and took his clothes off and threw on some loose sweatpants. Brushing his teeth, he realized that the pole that had hit him directly on his side while rescuing Claire was leaving a nasty big bruise. Another one for the collection. He rinsed his mouth and turned off his light as he laid down.

Luke POV: 

Something isn't right about that rescue with that girl -- what's her name -- Claire! 

Something isn't right. She was in that cage by herself, the dead body in front of the cage, she was terrified, who did she want me to protect her from... 

That fire, I have to go back and investigate it. Something doesn't add up. 

Ashton's allegations against her father... something... something doesn't feel right... 

I yawn and close my eyes and welcome the forbidden notion of sleep that I  hadn't experienced in over 24 hours. 

Claire POV:

The darkness surrounding me felt heavy once again.

I hear the beeping noise again.

I smell a sterile environment but I can't move. I hear a voice but I can't understand what they're saying or who they're talking to. I try to open my eyes, but I'm only able to squeeze them before I feel a pain in my head that just keeps growing instead of diminishing. I try to move my head but I can't. I can't move anything. Breathing is getting harder to do, I feel deprived of oxygen and I feel it affecting my movement.

I can't do anything.

I can't move, the agony is starting to grow in the pit of my stomach.

The beeping noise increases and goes faster.

I try to inhale or get any oxygen in but I can't, it's impossible, something is blocking me.

The beeping noise goes into a constant noise .

I start to go back into darkness in such a weakened state until I get a puff of adrenaline shot into me and oxygen starts to flow into me once again.

Kevin POV:

come on. come ON. The beeping indicates it's working but the bitch isn't flatlining.

Just a little...

more...

THERE.

I unfold the breathing tube and smile proudly as I see her lifeless body laying there.