18

I promised you guys the header, and here you go. Hope this brings some drying to your tears and mends your broken hearts 😂 The funeral scene from the 'No Shame' for the funeral in my story. At least we have a visual :( ILY AND IM SORRY IN ADVANCE -- @NataliaTheWeirdo @doesntknowwhyshehere @lukescurlsenthusiast

Ashton POV: 

I smirked a little.

I looked down. I didn't even know what memory to pick. How'd they make this look so easy. There were so much memories of Luke.

"I had to leave Sydney one Summer for science camp in middle school. It was only for 3 weeks, but I was leaving my mom and sister and little brother for 3 weeks. I had left enough money, what little i had picked up from helping Mr. Sideikis -- a neighbor of mine, he lived alone and i would go over twice a week and help him clean his yard and he would pay me. Anyways, I left my mom my money, I only ever kept $5 from every bit that he would give me. My mom needed it more, it was when --" i stopped myself as I jumped a whole portion of my personal story. "we were struggling. So I helped out in what i could. So I had managed to get $200 saved up and I left them with my mom for any emergency they might have in those 3 weeks I would be gone. I leave, Michaels parents drop me off at the airport, and the only thing I hear from my mom while i'm gone is that everything was fine. Nothing was wrong." I sigh." I come back home and I see my little sister, Lauren, with a purple eye and a broken leg. I wondered what the fuck had happened and no one would tell me anything. I asked my mom and she wouldn't tell me anything. I ask these 2 dorks and they don't know either. Well, I reach out to Luke and he didn't pick up his phone or anything. I tried bribing my little brother with some gerber baby food but he was only able to babble and spit into his bib. He was about a year old, or about be a year old." I laugh.

she laughs.

"I decide to ride out to Luke's place, and when I get there, his dad saw me and welcomed me in. I asked what had happened to Luke, and he tells me that, Lauren had called in sick to school the week prior so Luke had told my mom that he could pick up her homework since they had the same morning intro class. So he does get her homework, he goes to my house, and he see's Laurens boyfriend at the time hit her and push her down the porch stairs."

I shook my head. I hate that douchebag.

Claire winces and makes a face at hearing that Lauren had been hit.

"Luke goes up to him and kicks and punches him. The fucking asshole leaves, but he had busted open Luke's lip and eyebrow. My mom wasn't home so they had to call either an ambulance or Lukes mom and well, after a hospital visit for both, Lauren had her injuries from the fall and Luke had his for standing up to her ex. I knew her boyfriend, and he did boxing. Luke,... well, Luke played guitar. There was no way he thought that he could beat the asshole up. But he still went in and defended Lauren. She's not even related to him." i scoffed and laughed. "but he still did it. and got his ass whooped for doing so." I looked down and smiled and shook my head.

"what happened to your sisters ex?" Claire asked quietly.

"he got sent to juvenile correction. But not before Calum Michael and I left him another lesson." I nodded smiling.

"Did you guys beat him up?"

"No. God no. We would've ended up like Luke." Calum budded in laughing.

Michael just laughed shaking his head.

"we went to his house and rigged his laptop and tv and speakers to play porn when he would open his laptop screen up. His mom was home. So when he opened up his laptop, his mom caught him and did the rest of the work for us. THEN he went to juvie."

We laughed at our prank.

"But that's Luke."

Claire giggled and smiled and nodded.

I opened my juice box and traded it with Claires. I opened my new juice box and held it out to the middle of our make shit oval, cuz there was no way this shit was a circle.

"To Luke."

We all clinked our carton juice boxes and sipped.

Hey this was actually kinda good.

We started to just suck on air and the bubble sound started to erupt from all of our juice boxes.

We laughed and Michael stood up and threw them away for us.

"alright sweetie, that's enough emotion from you tonight. Finish getting some sleep. We'll be here later okay? We got some things to check out."

Claire nodded and laid back down.

"thanks guys." she smiled.

"you're welcome. and thank YOU as well." Michael said to her fixing her IV cable so she could sleep comfortably.

"you guys are my new hope for life." she whispered as she knocked out.

Calum turned off the light to the room and we walked out. We walked down to the ICU in silence, a comfortable silence. We went down and Michael got his chart.

Hernandez was checking out today. He was better, his hand was still fractured, but it had gotten so much better and he had healed from his burns wonderfully. He would just need a couple of weeks to regain mobility and a couple of therapies for his skin to heal better. I signed off his chart and said my goodbyes and how happy I was he was okay.

Michael put his chart back into the rack and we walked into the room.

Calum POV:

We walked into the room after getting his chart.

No change.

I sigh and reach for the chair and resume my position. The position I had resumed for the past week.

Michael and Ashton join me in their usual positions as well.

I grab his hand and hold on to it.

Michael POV:

I reached for his hand.

I look at the machines and see no change.

I sigh.

I rub circles on his lifeless hand with my thumb.

"Hey Lu..." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DON'T HATE ME. ILY.