13

**This chapter contains sensitive scenery**

This chapter is also dedicated to one of my main friends and supporters <3 @lukescurlsenthusiast thank you for all your encouraging support! Also go check her story out ' The Prince' -- you won't be disappointed! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke POV: 

I searched the room for the crying infant I had heard. I checked under the bed and in the closet but didn't hear anything. I couldn't think where else a scared child would hide. 

I hear the crying again and turn around to behind a wardrobe. What the hell?

I turn around walk towards it. I push the wardrobe aside and see a tape recorder stuck to the wall. 

"What the fuck?" I reach for it and as I grab it the sound of a crying child plays on it. I look around and see a beeping button in the corner under a blanket. 

Bomb. 

Hemmings: "CHIEF FALSE--"

I wasn't able to finish my  sentence as I hear Hernandez climbing into the window. I run and push him out into the ladder as I hear a small BEEP. 

Everything got pushed out of me. I lost sense of direction as the only thing I could think of was to leap out of the window. It was either take my luck leaping out of the window or getting fried by the bomb. 

I lost all train of thought as I felt the ground hit me with full force. 

Michael POV: 

"I think I heard the chief say something about a crying child up there." I say as Calum and I clean our tools and get ready to help another victim. 

"Hopefully the infant is okay." Calum says as we both stand up and kneel next to the victim with a few burns. 

We were both working on him when we hear Luke scream something desperate through the radio.

"CHIEF FALSE --"

We both looked up startled just in time to see the whole second floor explode.

I always hear about people experiencing moments in slow motion, but I've never experienced it personally. 

Well, everything happened in slow motion. 

I see a pair of hands push Hernandez out the window and into the ladder as a yellow and red flame engulfed and exploded the whole second floor. The next thing I saw I would never forget. I would never question. 

I saw Luke's body fly out the window and fall in slow motion. 

I saw Calum looking at the same thing I was looking at with an inexplainable facial emotion. Calum lounged forward from the force of the explosion. The windows from the house next door broke and shattered as well. I flew backwards from my knelt position as the power of the explosion rocked all of us. 

Ringing. That's all I could register in my ears. The ringing as I looked up and saw the house engulfed in stronger flames than before. 

"Michael you good?" I hear as Calum is pointing his flashlight into my eyes, checking if I have a concussion. 

"I'm good. I'm good." I say as I sit up and get help from Calum to stand up. 

"WE NEED PARAMEDICS NOW!" 

Calum POV: 

I get up and see everyone either running away or running to help. I get up and see I'm okay. I look over at Michael and see he's a little disoriented. 

"Michael you good?" I say as I check his eyes. 

"I'm good. I'm good" as he grabs my hand to help him up. 

We're both evidently startled by the chief yelling 

"WE NEED PARAMEDICS NOW!" 

Michael and I run to where the chief is kneeling. 

We see Luke upside down, unconscious lying on the floor with some of his gear burned. 

"oh god..." 

I hear Michael say as he kneels next to Luke's unconscious form and start to look for a pulse. I sort of wake up from my shock when I hear an engine roar out of the street.

Bruce POV: 

"It's done."

"Perfect" 

I hang up and bring the engine to life. 

I take my phone out and take a picture of the firefighter laying on the ground, all burned and bleeding. 

I see one of the doctors look at me and I hit the speed and drive off, as I send him a smile.