9

Claire POV:

The darkness surrounding me felt heavy once again.

I hear the beeping noise again.

I can't do anything.

I can't move, the agony is starting to grow in the pit of my stomach.

I try to inhale or get any oxygen in but I can't, it's impossible, something is blocking me.

I start to go back into darkness in such a weakened state until I get a puff of adrenaline shot into me and oxygen starts to flow into me once again.

I hear a woman trying to coax me to life.

"Claire wake up"

"Come on Claire, open your eyes sweetie."

I feel a pain in my chest and someone rubbing something bumpy along my chest. I try to open my eyes and I see bright lights. I immediately close them.

"No no honey, open them up. Come on."

I felt the bumpy chest pain again.

I open my eyes and see a lady pointing a flashlight straight into my eyes.

"Hi honey, welcome back. I thought I lost you there for a moment."

I try to come up with some words but all I come up with are mumbles and some incoherent words.

"shhh. shhh honey it's okay. Don't worry. You're okay. I'm Dr. Deaton, It's gonna be a while until you can speak a bit. Your throat received some burns from the fire so it's raw and it should be hurting. Your breathing tube is helping you to breathe okay? once you go back to breathing by yourself we'll take that off and see your progression. You should be tired. Go to sleep. You'll feel better soon, the pain meds should be kicking in"

I feel her lift the bumpy thing off my chest, which happened to be her knuckles rubbing up my chest to stimulate me to wake up.

"Is she okay?"

I hear his voice.

I shoot my eyes and do my best to get away from him.

The machines start to blow up with beeping noises and alerting staff.

Dr. Deaton places her hand on my shoulder trying to calm me down but I am now aware of his presence, that he's here in the room with me.

"Honey it's okay, sweetie, Claire you're going to hurt yourself."

I keep trying to move away. The tube in my throat shifts and I gag.

"Okay, Claire, I need you to calm down or I'm going to have to sedate you again and this will elongate your recovery process"

I know Dr. Deaton is trying to help me but I just need him to go away. I don't want him here. He's evil. He's bad. He killed-- he KILLED Sara.

I open my eyes, even with the light blinding me, I look around until my eyes find him.

He's in the corner.

He see's me looking at him and he just smiles at me.

I tear up. Why is he here? Why is he in here with me? I told the firefighter to not let him near me. I can't trust anyone.

"Hi bubs, great to see you're awake." He says with a sadistic smile..

I wriggle and I feel a pain run through my arm. I look down to see that I moved the IV from moving so much and now there's blood coming out of the needle part.

Dr. Deaton POV:

"Hi bubs, great to see you're awake."

The man says as he walks towards the girl.

That's strange, she was starting to calm down but as soon as this man spoke her heart rate spiked and she looked fearful.

Damn, she moved the IV out of her arm.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to please step out of the room."

"Claire, honey, it's okay."

no budge. She's still hysterical.

"Bubs --"

She's attempting to scream now, and her BP is dangerously high.

"Sir, OUT NOW."

"what --"

"SECURITY!"

"okay! okay! I'll be outside!" he screams as he steps out of the room into the hallway.

"Sweetie, Claire, he's gone. He's gone. You're okay. You're okay." I try to soothe her as the nurse hands me some gauze to clean her bleeding arm up.

"Let me have a new saline needle please"

The nurse hands it to me and I fix Claire's IV with a new needle and saline bag.

"Okay Claire, I put a new IV in your arm okay? I'm going to put some new pain meds in you, but their dosage can't be too high as you had the other bag attached to you before with meds and we have no way of seeing how much got into your system. I'll give you a little bit right now and sedate you a little so you can calm down and rest. When it's time for your new dosage, I'll give you your full dosage."

She blinks a few times and I see tears stream down her eyes. She's glaring at me then pointing to where the man was standing before. Back and forth, she looks at the corner then me.

"Honey, that man says he's your father. Is he your father? blink twice for no and three times for yes."

Claire POV:

This doctor seems nice.

I think I can trust her, she seems concerned for me.

She kicked him out of the room.

I feel her carefully touching my arm and fixing my IV. I feel a small sting but just as it showed it disappeared.

She's done with me and she's cleaning up to leave.

"Doctor, do I tell the father to come back inside?"

I start to breathe quicker.

Tears start to fall off my eyes.

"Honey, that man says he's your father. Is he your father? blink twice for no and three times for yes."

I blink twice.