Episode one (pilot)

( John macenroe is the narrator)
In last season of never have i ever, you guys discovered the life of Devi Vishwakumar, a first- generation Indian-American teenager, whose life in her eyes was a mess. Her dad died during her school concert, her mother being pain in the ass, her failed attempt to get physical with her long time crush Paxton Hall-Yoshida, her friends were ignoring her. But in the end all went well accept one thing.

While she was busy patching up with her mother and kissing ben gross, Paxton visited Devi's house. Paxton's sister Rebecca made him realise how amazing Devi is.

( Things from this point are fan made)

Devi comes back home with her mother and her cousin kamala. She still can't believe she kissed ben gross, her nemesis whom she hated her whole life. Her mom noticed her face and asked, "What happened devi?" She didn't answered. She again asked her. But she was still in the moment when she kissed him. Finally her mother shouted. Devi jumped on her seat, "What? What happened?" "That's what I am asking to you for long, what happened?", asked nalini. "Nothing, nothing happened." Said devi with hesitation.

"Are you going to help in the kitchen? I have a lot of work today and I won't be able to make through alone." said nalini heading towards her room. "Yeah, sure", said devi.

Devi went to her room. Phone rings. Devi pick ups the phone, it was fabiola. "Hey fab!" " Hey, did it went well?" Fabiola asked. "Yeah, pretty well actually, i talked to her and now things are in pretty good shape. You won't believe whom i met their - John macenroe!! He helped me call out my mom." There is silence for a moment. " hey fab" "yes, devi?" "I guess I wasn't ready to let him go. I'm gonna miss him" she says with little emotions. "It's gonna be alright. We're here for you." says fabiola. "Thank you for not giving up on me. I love you guys and I promise I'll be there when you need me. Always" says devi with little more confidence this time. " You better be. I'll see you tomorrow at school. Bye" "Bye" replies devi. She didn't tell her about her kiss with ben because she still hasn't figured it out herself yet.

This day was full of drama and devi didn't had much time to check out messages, when she is about to check her phone, her mom calls her. She leaves her phone aside and goes to bathroom to change. After that she goes straight to the kitchen to help her mom.

When she entered the kitchen, her mom was busy making idli batter. She asked her mom what she was supposed to do. She told to cut the vegetables for salad. She starts chopping. She felt that this is the right time to convince her mom to stay here.

"Hey mom, i wanted to ask you about moving? Is it necessary? Can't we leave here? Now, that I've learned my lesson." asks devi. Nalini's face gives no expressions. After few moments, she turns back and seats on a chair next to devi. She takes her hand into her hand and smiles. "I wanted to move back to India because you're not listening to me. You were becoming this annoying child who shouts at her mother and never listens to her. I felt like you were out of control and I didn't had anyone here with whom i can share my problems. I felt so alone. But now, I guess I've got my daughter back. I don't want to loose her again. I understand that you love to be here and if you promise to be the girl that you are right now, i promise you that we won't leave. Will you do that for me?" Devi is about to cry but hugs her mother and promises her to be on her best behaviour. "But what about uncle aravind?" asks devi. "I'll talk to him. Don't worry" says nalini. Devi hugs her mom even tighter this time.

Kamala enters the kitchen and sees them holding each other. She smiles and hugs them too. Nalini smells something burning. She rushes towards the stove and turns it off. They have their dinner and after washing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen, devi feels very tired. She bids kamala and nalini goodnight and heads of to her room. She changes into her pajamas and finally takes phone in her hand.

She opens her phone and discovers that there's a voice mail. She opens it and is shocked by what she heard.

————————————————————————
If you like the story then don't forget to vote. Check out Never havr i ever on Netflix. Love, A.