Episode 2

Okay, don't panic, DON'T PANIC. Devi took deep breaths.Devi's overthinking was taking over. Oh my god, what do i? What do i? She took a deep breath and a picture of her and ben kissing came in front of her. SHIT!!!!

She woke exhausted because she couldn't get enough sleep last night. Suddenly, her life was getting into perfect shape and it was too much to handle. She got dressed for school. She came downstairs and headed to kitchen for breakfast. Kamala was already there. She sat in front of her. Nalini asked, " kamala, what do you think about prashant? His mom called me last night. If i had knew that you love steve , I wouldn't have called prashant." " I am sorry auntie, but i was scared too. If my parents find out about this, they'd kill me." " You've been an obedient girl for your whole life. And if you think he is the one then you should made things clear with your parents. I am telling you this because he seems a nice guy AND he works at caltech which makes him very intelligent person. I am just saying, it's your decision in the end. You know him better than me. I am not your parent but i care about you." " Thanks, auntie. I haven't figured that out yet. It's not that I don't like prashant but i was with steve for long time and i won't be easy to let him go." "It's never easy in the beginning but time will heal everything." Nalini pats kamala back. Devi kisses her mom goodbye and leaves for school.

When she reached the school, Fab and Eleanor welcomes her with a hug and asks her about what happened. They chat in the hallway. Paxton arrives with his friends and gives devi a cute smile. Devi smiles back. Fab and Eleanor looks at devi with surprise. " Devi, did paxton just smiled at you?" Devi who is still looking at him ignore Fab. Fab pinched devi on her shoulder. " Ow! What?", cried devi. "Where you even listening to me? Did just paxton smiled at you?" She shrugged. "What...what happened?", asked eleanor in amusement. "He called me last night. He asked if i was interested." "Oh my god!", eleanor's jaw drops. "What did you say to him?" asks fab. "Nothing", said devi with dismal. "Oh devi!", says eleanor. "He did rejected you before. Now from nowhere he wants be with you?", says fab. "You're right. I shouldn't....I.....I don't know." says devi. "Devi!!", says fab. " I mean he was my crush.", says devi. "You're just a toy for him. You know, he was with the girl yesterday. If she was interested in you then why didn't he told you before?", said fab. Devi has no answer for that.  They all goes to their class.

Devi enters in the class, ben is sitting on the front bench, as usual. Devi smiles at him and seats behind him.

Principal grubbs enters the class witha new girl. "Good morning class, i would like to introduce you all to our new student, Swati Swaminathan" says principal grubbs. " hello, everyone" she replies. ( joe jonas narrates) hey everyone, I am joe jonas, from jonas brothers, you mighy have heard of me, I am a singer. And I'll be narrating the story of Swati Swaminathan. So, swati was born in india to ramesh swaminathan and kalyani swaminathan. When swati was 6 years old, her mom ran away with her longtime boyfriend from work and took all the money with her living swati and her dad with a house where they used to live. With the help of his longtime school friend, dinesh sharma, they moved to america. Ramesh started working in the office with dinesh as a salesperson. His job sucked but he didn't had other option because he had a daughter to raise . He at that time decided that he will sent swati to harvard university. Money really is a bitch. He started doing double shifts in the office and after 10 years of dedication, he got promoted and was transferred to San fernando valley office as a head manager of advertisement department. Along with this, he raised swati with care and prepared her for harvard. Swati respected her father and his decisions about her future BUT swati was interested in modelling. She wanted to become a model. She was tall, she had a perfect cut black hair, not too straight but with little waves, her skin was warm beige, she had maintained her body well, and she had immense sense of style. Although her father was low on money, she somehow managed to create a good sense of clothing with minimal number of clothes.

Swati was wearing an ugly-cute boots, sparkly statement earrings, and a printed bag turn a top and jeans into a badass outfit. She sat on the front bench in front of paxton. Mr. shapiro asks," So, swati, would you tell something about yourself to the class?" "Yes, sure. Hello again. My name is swati swaminathan, i moved to america when i was 6 years old. My dad is head manager of advertisement department and Selco pvt ltd. I love reading and learning new stuff. I speak little spanish. And i am preparing to go to harvard." " Oh! Harvard! That's....that's really great, all the best for that." Says Mr. shapiro. "Thanks" swati replies. " You can sit down now." Class ends.

Devi and her friends were eating snacks and chatting when swati arrives at their table and asks she could sit there. They agrees. They start asking her few questions and after lunch break is over. They head to their lockers. Swati's locker was next to ben's. School ends.

Devi comes home and tells her everything about the new girl at school. " Yes, I've heard about them. Auntie shipra was talking about her today. She also told me that she is a niece of jaya kuyavar. Her sister ran away with her fellow colleague and took all the money. Poor little girl!" says nalini. "She seems nice to me. She actually came to our table for lunch. We chatted for sometime." "Great, now, go to your room, change your clothes and come downstairs to help me. Kamala is will be late today since she has her big  reasearch project coming up." "Be back in a sec" says devi and leaves the kitchen.

————————————————————————
If you enjoyed the story then don't forget to vote.