Episode 3

Kamala lied to nalini about her upcoming research project. Her actual plan was to take steve on a date and then put a fullstop on their 4 month long love story. Kamala and steve had finished their dinner. Kamala was preparing her farewell speech while eating. They finished their dinner and were now sitting on a bench ina garden looking at the stars. "Hey steve, I need to tell you something." " Yeah,sure, what is it?" "Umm....I can't do this anymore." " What?" asks steve. "This, what we are doing right now?" says kamala. "Stop making puzzles, just tell me what you are trying to say." "I can't be in this relationship with you anymore." Kamala shouted. Steve was surprised when he hear that. "What? Why? Do you like that guy who came to see you?" Steve asked in anger. Kamala didn't say anything. She was as quite as night. Steve sighed and put his hands on kamala's shoulders. " Look at me" he said. She was still looking at ground. "Look at me, I know it's not the right time to say this but I was actually agreed to came to this dinner because I had my plans too." He said. " What? What plans?" asked kamala. "When you said that a boy was coming to see you, I was really scared and I knew that your parents will force you to marry him, and I was also scared because that boy could've been more handsome than me." He smiled. Kamala smiled too. Steve got on his knees, put his hand in his pocket and took out a box. HE WAS PROPOSING!!!! Kamala's eyes got wide open. She came to end things and her story was taking a new turn. Her mind stopped working. She kept staring at the ring for 10 minutes. A picture of her parents screaming at her, steve shouting at her, herself sitting alone at ganesh pooja while people ignoring her just like they do with jaya, drew in front of her. " Kamala?" asked steve. She didn't replied. "Kamala, my feet is hurting." He laughed a little. She was still sitting as a statue. Steve got up and sat beside her, keeping the box in his hand. He shoke kamala's shoulder. She looked at steve and said, "I am sorry, I can't..... I can't". She got up and ran away. " Kamala!!" Steve shouted but she didn't listened. She was running and crying and sweeping.

Kamala reached home. She opened the door and silently closed it behind. She ran to her room. Nalini was there in the kitchen, she came to get some water. She kamala running upstairs. She follwed her to her room. Her room was locked. Nalini knocked. " Yes?" kamala said while wiping her tears. She opened the door. Nalini saw kamala's face and she knew she was crying. " Can i come in?" she asked. " Yes, sure" said kamala. Nalini closed the door. "What happened, kanna?" asked nalini. "What? What are you saying?" asked kamala. " Look, I know you were crying. So tell me what happened? I am like your mother." she said. Kamala hugged nalini and started to cry. " What happened?" nalini asked in surprise. Kamala stopped crying but was still sobbing. " Steve.....Steve...." she kept saying. " Steve said anything to you?" asked nalini. She nod her head in denial. Nalini got up and brought a glass of water for kamala. She finally stopped sobbing and said, " I was with steve today." Nalini was surprised, " But you told me you had some reasearch project!!" " Yes, I am sorry, I lied. I actually went on a date with him. I wanted to finish everything between us and I wanted to do it in a way that nobody gets hurt." said kamala. " Okay, then, Did you tell him?" nalini asked. "Yes, I told him that this relationship can't go any further." said kamala. " Then what did he said?" asked nalini. " HE PROPOSED TO ME!!" said kamala. " WHAT?" asked nalini in amusement. "He already made a plan to propose me when I told him that a boy was coming over to see me." said nalini. "And what did you say?" asked kamala. " I was shocked when he asked me. I.....I couldn't answer him so I ran away." said kamala. " Oh kanna!" said nalini rubbing kamala's back. " it's okay. I know it's a big decision to make. I think you need to take some rest. Do you want more water?" asked nalini. " Auntie?" asked kamala. "Yes?" replied nalini. " Can I ask you for a favour." asked kamala. "Sure , kanna, What is it?" asked nalini. "I want to see my mother." she said with tears in her eyes.

————————————————————————

Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote. Love, A.