Episode 9

Swati woke up next morning with different emotions. Her day began like the music video  of I LIKE ME BETTER by Lauv. She got dressed and went to school.

Ben and devi have finally called their relationship OFFICIAL and were now attending school as couple. At lunch time, ben was sitting with devi and her friends. When shira came into the hall, she wondered why ben was sitting with them. She came to ben. "Hey ben!" said shira. "Hey shira!" said ben. "Aren't you gonna sit with us?" asked shira. Ben looked at devi. "Can I talk to you for a moment?" asked ben and took shira in the corner. "Look, I wanna tell you something. I am breaking up with you." said ben. "What?" said shira in surprise. "Yes, and I am really sorry. But we can't be together anymore. For last couple of weeks, I have felt that I was pulling this relationship out of swamp but it was getting more and more deeper. I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry." said ben. "Excuse me? You're saying that I wasn't giving you more attention? Really? And you're breaking up with for whom? That brown girl?" asked shira. " No, and don't bring her into this." said ben. "Why shouldn't I? She stole my boyfriend." said shira. "Just tell me once you made me feel like I was your boyfriend. All you care about is selfies and followers and how to be popular." said ben. " How dare you? You know what I'm outta here. Go to hell with your brown girlfriend." said shira and left with her friends.
Ben came to back to his table. Everybody in the canteen was looking at him. Devi smiled at ben and put her hand on his. School ends. "You're coming to my house tonight right?" asked ben. "I haven't asked my mom yet but she'll say yes unless it's you. Otherwise she won't. Okay, I'll see you tonight. Bye. Love you." said devi and paused. She looked at ben in wonder what she just said. Ben smiled. Devi smiled too.

Devi came home. Her mom was sleeping on the sofa. She came home early today. " Hey mom, You're okay?" asked devi. " Yeah, I was just having a headache so I just came home early to get some sleep. Since you're home now, What would you like for dinner?" asked nalini. "Oh, Don't worry about dinner. Mrs. Gross has actually invited me for dinner. Can I go?" asked devi. "Is she gonna be home or you're gonna be alone with ben?" asked nalini. "No, she's gonna be home. Ben's dad, his mom, all of them will be there." said devi. " Then okay, you can go but I can't drive you since I am sick so you have to ask ben to drive you." said nalini. "Okay, Thanks mom." she kissed nalini and went to her room to get ready.

Meanwhile, Swati was also getting ready for her first date with paxton. She wore a red dress. She was looking like emilia clarke from me before you. Her dad hadn't came back from London so she was alone. Paxton came to pick her up. He rang the bell. Swati opened the door. Paxton was stunned to her in that dress. She was looking so gorgeous. He kept looking at her. "Paxton?" said swati. "Yeah?" said paxton. "Shall we go?" asked swati. " Yeah, sure, let's go." said paxton.

Devi saw paxton opening the door for swati. "Was that paxton?" asked devi out loud. "Where?....Oh that! Yes, That's paxton." said ben. " What's swati doing with him? Where are they going?" asked devi. " On a date" said ben. "What? A date? But when did this all happen? She told us that she said no and now she's going on a date with him?" said devi. " It's a long story." said ben. Devi looked at ben in surprise. "What? Did you knew about this?" asked devi. " Yes, but she told me not to tell anyone until she was confident about it." said ben. "C'mon, let's get inside." said ben and went into the house. Mr and Mrs Gross greeted devi. Devi and ben went to ben's room. Ben closed the door. " Tell me everything about it. C'mon, spit it out." said devi. "I can't." said ben. "Oh,C'mon! I am your girlfriend. You're not supposed to keep secrets from the ones you love. Please!" said devi. "Fine." said ben and told devi the whole story. "I thought this kind of stuff only happens in movies." said devi. "I know but what can we do. It's her life and her choice." said ben. "Do you think paxton is the one for a girl like swati?" asked devi. "Why not? Swati is hot, she's paxton's type although she is a lot smarter than him. They'll look good together I think." said ben. " Really?" asked devi in sarcastic tone. "Someone's getting jealous." said ben looking at devi. "What? Me? Jealous? Why would I be jealous of her? I have a boyfriend who loves me and he's cute. Why would I be jealous?" said devi. "Thank you but still he was your crush before me. C'mon, admit it. Admit that you're jealous. Not that much but little. Aren't you?" asked ben. "Yeah, a little." devi admitted. "It's okay, I won't mind." said ben. "Aren't you the sweetest!" said devi and put her arms around ben. They kissed and then came downstairs for dinner.

(At the restaurant)
" Pineapple or no pineapple?" asked paxton. " No pineapple, please." said swati. "Thank you for what you did for my sister. I.... I really appreciate it." said paxton. "You've alreay thanked me before. You don't have do that anymore." said swati. "Okay,You said that you wanna know more about me. What do you wanna know?" asked paxton. "Just regular stuff like hobbies, favourite sport and all." said swati. "Okay, umm, my hobbies are swimming, work out. I like to keep my body fit and healthy." said paxton. "So, you're a sportsperson right?" asked swati. "Yeah" said paxton. "What about you?" asked paxton. "Well, as you know I'm preparing for harvard. And after that, I wanna get a really nice job. Start my own company maybe. Eat, travel and just have fun." said swati. "Woah, you've got a lot in your plate. Eh!" said paxton. "Yeah, and apart from this. I am also interested in modelling." said swati. "Modelling? Nice. You nailed yesterday's photoshoot though." said paxton. "Thanks." said swati. "Then why are you preparing for harvard?" asked paxton. "Sorry?" asked swati. "I mean, if you're interested in modelling then you don't need a harvard degree for that. All you need is passion and dedication. And I see both of them in your eyes." said paxton. "No, no, I can't. I just...can't." said swati. "Why not?" asked paxton. "You don't know me. So, don't judge me." said swati. "Then tell me. I wanna hear your story." said paxton. Swati looked at him for a while and then she told him the whole story.

Ben and devi finished their dinner and came outside the house to take a walk with their hands into each others. "What do you see when you look at the stars?" asked devi. "Umm...when I look at stars I think they're amazing. They're just like humans. They're born, they keep on shining through out their life and then suddenly one day, they die. They actually teach us something. They teach us that we're born to shine. Why waste your time after being someone's shadow when you have your own shine." said ben. "That's...that's really nice. Who said that?" asked devi. "I did. Just now." said ben. Both laughed.

"I don't know if I'm right or wrong, all I know is that you should do what YOU think is right. I guess you understood what I was trying to say." said paxton. "Yeah, thanks." said devi. She looked at her watch. "I think we should go now." said swati. "Okay" said paxton. Paxton drove her home. She came outside. "Alright, I'll see you later." said swati. "Hey? I am going for a movie with my friends tomorrow if you wanna come." said paxton. "Okay, I'd love to go. Bye." said swati. "Bye." said paxton and left.

Swati was about to enter her house when she saw ben and devi. She went to them. "Hey you lovebirds, how was your evening?" asked swati. "It was great. How about you?"asked devi. "It was nice. We ate pizza. Talked a lot." said swati. "Was that paxton?" asked devi. "Yes, I'm sorry I didn't told you guys. I wanna figure it out myself first." sais swati. "It's okay, I feel you." said devi. "Thanks"said swati and left. Ben drove devi home.

————————————————————————
Thank you for reading!!!
VOTE for it if you like it.