Episode 4

Devi woke up , got dressed came downstairs for breakfast. She called her mom but she didn't answered. Nalini was at the airport with kamala. She booked her ticket for india immediately when she asked last night. " Take care, and call me as soon as you reach there, I've called your mom, she'll pick you up from the airport." said nalini and hugged kamala. "Okay, Thank you auntie" she smiled. She took her bag and left.

Devi made some sandwiches for herself and was having her breakfast when nalini came home. " Hey mom, where were you? Were you jogging?" asked devi. "No, I went to airport to drop kamala. She is going back to india." said nalini. "What?" said devi in shock. "Why? What happened?" " She broke up with steve." said nalini. " She broke up? Why? Steve was a really nice guy." said devi. " It was a tough decision to make. But she had too. You can't hold on to everything at the same time. She needed time and she was missing her mother." Devi still didn't knew the whole story so she didn't why kamala did what she did. Devi wanted to ask nalini about what happened to kamala and she was about to ask, her phone rang. She ran towards sofa and grabbed her phone. "Hey fab, what's up?" she asked. "Hey devi, you , me and eleanor are on conference call now. Now, do you guys remember when devi throw the soda on favourite suite and I got really angry?"said fabiola." Yeah, sorry for that. I didn't mean to." said devi. " It's okay, that's not the point, the point is that, I was angry so I sat alone at the staircase and eve came to me. We chatted and I ask her for dinner and she said yes!!" said fabiola. "Oh my god, fab, that's great, congratulations." said devi and eleanor. " Thanks, now you guys have to help me make my first lesbian date perfect. Will you guys help me?" asked fabiola. " Of course, we will." " Oh fab, I am so happy for you." said devi. " I'll see you at school." said Eleanor. " Hey guys, I wanna tell you something." said devi. She was about to tell them about ben. " Yes?" replied eleanor and devi. " I....I am not going to India." Devi didn't told them. " OMG YES!!!" said Eleanor. " Oh! Thank god!" sighed fabiola. She first wanted to sort things out with ben and then tell everyone. " Okay, I'll see you guys at school. Bye." said fabiola. Devi hung up. She thought about ben for a moment and then left her house for school. " You forget your books" shouted nalini. Devi came back, took her books, nalini kissed her forehead and then she left for school.

(At school)
It was chemistry class today so devi headed straight to the lab. Student were chatting. I found fabiola, Eleanor and swati and went straight towards them. Mr. Smith, their chemistry teacher, entered the class with a bowl with paper chits in it. He told everyone to pick a partner. Devi got Ben,Paxton got Swati, Eleanor got Jonah , Fabiola got Boris and Eve got Marcus. They took their places and started following Mr. Smith's directions. "Psst, I wanna talk to you about something." asked devi. "What it is?"asked ben. "It's about us. Our kiss." Ben looked at devi with corner of his eye so Mr. Smith won't caught them talking. "It was amazing!!" Ben smiled. Devi smiled too. " Hey would you go out on a date with me?"asked ben. " Wait? Are you asking me out?" asked Devi. " Yeah, Why not?" said ben. "I like you" he said with mixing two elements. Devi blushed. "So, what do you think? Will Devi Vishwakumar would like to go on a date with her long time nemesis?" asked ben with a smile on his face. "Is there a rule to not go out with your nemesis? Cause I'll love to break that too." she replied with a smile. " Okay,then, I'll pick you at 8." Eleanor was watching them smiling at each other since her table was behind them. " Do you what I see?" she asked Jonah who was busy looking at his newly polished nails. " What?" he asked. "Look at them" she said pointing at Ben and Devi. " What?...Oh!! That's weird, They can't stand each other for a minute and now they're standing with each other talking and SMILING!!" said Jonah. " Yeah, that's what I am talking about. Something cooking up between this two." said Eleanor. Meanwhile, Swati was actually doing all the work, Paxton was just standing and passing the lab instruments. " Then you add 300ml of solution C into beaker." said swati. Paxton was watching Devi flirt with Ben. And suddenly his hand hit one of the beaker and beaker fall on Swati's clothes. "Oh!! I am sorry, I am really sorry... I was just.... Let me help you." Paxton apologised. " It's okay, It's ruined now , Will you excuse me for a moment, Mr. Smith?" asked Swati. " Sure, Sure." said Mr. Smith. "Alright class, Back to your experiment and Be careful." said Mr. Smith. Then he went towards Paxton. "Paxton, Do you pay attention next time." said Mr. Smith. " Sure, I will sir." Everybody was looking at Paxton. He felt embarrassed. When school finished, Swati bid everyone goodbye and started walking towards her car. Paxton saw her, he also said goodbye his friends and ran towards Swati. When Swati reached her car, Paxton apologised to her again. "Hey, Swati, I am really sorry, I actually wasn't paying attention and I don't when my hand hit the beaker. I am sorry." said Paxton. "It's okay, You should pay more attention in the class, you know that right?" asked Swati. "Yes, I know that." replied paxton. "Well, It is what it is now. Beautiful dress with red spots." said Swati moving her hand all over the dress. " I can make it up to you." said Paxton. " What? How?" asked Swati. "My sister is a fashion designer. And she's really good at it. She will help you" said Paxton. "Are you sure?" asked Swati. "Yes, I am 100% sure." said Paxton with confidence. " Okay, I'll see you at 7. Your house." said Swati. " Okay, Wait? Do you know where I live?" asked Paxton. "I've seen you before, You live next to one of my dad's colleagues." said Swati. " Okay, then see you at 7." They said goodbye to each other and left. Devi and friend were looking at them the whole time. They thought Paxton was hitting on her. "See, I told you he is not interested in you." said fabiola to devi. "Who cares?" said devi but somewhere inside her heart, she felt a little jealous of Swati.

————————————————————————

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote. I'll be posting next episode on Saturday. Till then! 🖐