Episode 7

A week later, ben's dad, howard, got out of hospital. Ben and his mom, took him home. They were taking care of him. Devi used to visit ben on regular basis and was now drown towards ben.

Swati visited paxton's house to get her dress back. " Hey, how are you?" asked paxton. "I am good." said swati. "Is my dress ready?" " Yeah" said and called rebecca. She came downstairs with swati's dress. " There you go" she handed her the dress. " So, what do you think?" asked rebecca. "Well, It looks nice. I was actually thinking about wearing this dress at a party tonight." said swati. "You're going on a party? Is it arranged by someone from school?" asked paxton. "Oh no, our neighbor, Mr.Gross just got discharged from the hospital so her family arranged this little party for people in their neighbourhood." said swati. "You live near ben gross's house?" asked paxton. "Yeah, we met at one our neighbor's party. His dad suggested the school and helped get admission in the middle of the year. His dad and my dad are friends." said swati. He didn't asked about devi because he knew swati might tell devi that he was asking about her. She bid rebecca and paxton goodbye. " Hey, swati?" asked paxton. " Yeah?" asked swati. " You didn't answer me the other day." said paxton. "Look, We've just met and I don't think this is a right idea." said swati. "It's my birthday, everyone is invited, i am asking you if you would like to come?" asked paxton. " Oh! If everybody's coming then I don't see any problem in it. I'll love to know more people here. When is it?" asked swati. " It's on friday. And Yes, don't forget to wear the mask. It was my sister's idea to wear the mask. She said it would bring more life to the party." said paxton. " Okay, I will." said swati and left.

(At ben's house)
Everyone was greeting Gross family. Devi wasn't at the party because she had an exam tomorrow she couldn't miss. Ben was greeting everyone when he saw swati. " Hey, how are you?" asked ben. " I am great." said swati. " You live here?" asked ben. " Yes, I just moved few weeks ago. I saw you once in the class then you just disappeared." said swati. "Yeah, my dad was in the hospital and I couldn't leave him. His clients were calling so I was helping at the office. Preparing documents and all." said ben. "Oh! What about your assignments and homework? I can help you with that. I've prepared notes for every class. I can give you if you want?" asked swati. " Sure, thank you, by the way, I am re-joining school tomorrow so we can study tomorrow after school." said ben. "Fine by me." said swati.

(Next day at school)
" Hey, are you guys coming to paxton's birthday bash tomorrow?" asked swati to devi, fab and eleanor. " What? What party?" asked eleanor. "Paxton is having his 17th birthday bash on friday. Everyone from school is invited. " No, we haven't heard anything about it." said devi. "How did you know so much about him?" said devi in a sarcastic voice. " He told me last night." said swati. " You were with him last night?" asked fabiola. "Yeah, I went to his house to get my dress back which he ruined during chemistry class." said swati. " He asked me out again but I said no." said swati. Everyone was shocked. "Then he told me that he was actually inviting me for his birthday bash and he told me everyone was coming. When I heard that everyone was coming, that's why I said yes." " Oh!" said fabiola. Their phone buzzed. It was a text from paxton for his birthday bash. "We are officially invited now." said swati. " So, What are you guys wearing?" " I haven't thought about it yet." said devi. "What are you wearing?" " I haven't figured it out yet but I wanna look nice in my first real girl boy party." said swati. " You've never been to a girl-boy party before?" asked devi. " No, my dad said I can't go to a girl- boy party till I am 16 years old. I am 17 now so  I can go to any party although I am not allowed to drink alcohol yet." said swati. "Okay" said devi. "I am gonna wear something cool. And Good news girls. I am joining acting back." said elenor. "OMG, that's great!!" said fabiola and devi. "Finally, My old elenor is back." said devi. They went for class.

Devi, ben and swati came together. Swati was ben's neighbour and swati's dad won't trust any other guy so he send swati with ben so ben would take care of her. They went to paxton's house. Swati wore a black glittery party dress with black mask, she had her hair combed in one side and she wore sparkely black heels. Devi wore a black dress with white dots, she had kept her hair open and she wore black boots. Ben wore a white tshirt with black jacket and wore his newlt bought shoes. They entered the house. Everyone was screaming and dancing and drinking and talking. Elenor, oliver, jonah, fabiola and eve were stading together. All of them started talking. Paxton asked marcus, " Hey, have you seen devi?" " Yeah, she is standing next to the bar and she wore black." said marcus. "Thanks, man" said paxton. Paxton told DJ to play a slow song and asked everyone to come to the dance floor with their partners. Ben asked devi and she grabbed his hands. Swati was standing alone at the bar since she didn't have anyone. Paxton saw her. He asked her for the dance and she said yes. They danced for a while and then Paxton kissed her. She didn't pushed him. After awhile, he stopped kissing her and stared at her. Swati lifted her mask. Wait! That's NOT devi. Paxton had made plans to kiss devi tonight and convince her to be with him BUT his plans failed because he kissed swati instead of devi. Swati didn't say anything and left paxton's house. Paxton went behind her but was stopped by his friends. After dance was over, paxton cut the cake, they had dinner. " Have you seen swati?" asked ben. "No, the last I saw her, she was standing next to the bar." said devi. " Let me call her. I'll be right back" said ben and came ourside the house. He called her, she was not picking up. Ben heard someone's phone ringing, he followed it. Swati was sitting in the car. " Hey, what are you doing here, What happened?" asked ben. "Someone kissed me." said swati. " What? Who?" asked ben. " I don't know. He asked me for dance and then he kissed me." said swati. "Do you remember his face?" asked ben. "No, he had mask on." said swati. "Are you okay? Do you wanna go home?" asked ben. "Yeah, please." said swati. "Okay, let me tell devi and be right back." said ben and left. Ben came inside. " Hey, daves, I have to go." said ben. "What? Why? Is anything wrong with your dad?" asked devi. "No, swati is feeling sick and she wants to go home. Will you come with fabiola? Swati is supposed to come home with me and her dad has asked me to bring her home safe. So, if you don't mind." said ben. "Okay, I'll see you at school." said devi and gave him goodbye kiss. " Where is ben going?" asked eleanor. " He's going home. Swati is feeling sick and she came with him so." said devi. " She's ben's neighbor. And I'm sure she won't hit on him." she assured. They danced for awhile and left.

Ben took swati home. Swati didn't said anything during her ride back home. She just kept staring at the window. Ben saw her but didn't said anything either. They reached home. "Thank you and ben, please don't tell anyone what happened today."said swati. Ben nodded and she went inside her home. Ben left. Swati went straight to her room. She changed her clothes and came to bed. She couldn't sleep that night. She wasn't feeling anything. She just kept staring at the stars on her ceiling and cried. Nobody has kissed her before. She didn't know what to do. She got scared. She thought if someone was playing pranks on her or it was just a regular thing now. What if she's just used as a tool for a bet. She thought of a worst possibility she can. Her thought woke her up all night.

Meanwhile, ben and devi were talking on phone.

Devi : How's she?
Ben : She's fine I guess.
Devi : What happened to her? She was fine
when she came with us.
Ben : I don't know. Forget about her. Tell me.
What did you guys do?
Devi : Nothing. We danced and had some food
and drinks.
Ben : Great. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
Devi : You can see me right now.
Ben : How?
Devi : If you're brave enough then you have to
come here and see me.
Ben : What? It's 2 am.
Devi : That means you're scared.
Ben : I AM NOT!
Devi : Yes, you are.

Ben got up, took his car and went to devi's house. He couldn't go from the front so he climed up to devi's window and knocked. Devi woke up in surprise. Devi opened the window. "Woah! You are brave, aren't you?" said devi. "Are you gonna let me in or not?" asked ben. "Nope, if you wanna say something, you can say from here." said devi. " Okay, so, what's my reward?" asked ben. " What reward? I didn't said anything about reward." said devi. " Well, I deserve one." said ben. " Okay, What do you want?" asked devi. "Are you serious?" asked ben. " Yeah, tell me." said devi. "Okay, I" said ben and stopped. Someone knocked at the door. Devi signalled ben to leave. Ben got down somehow and left. Devi smiled when ben left. She went to bed.