CHAPTER FIVE

“Daisy Moon, my beautiful angel” His fingers slide over the small black and white picture of the girl in her usual school attire, with a big bubblegum balloon coming out of her mouth, her baby blues crossed.

He sighs and tosses the photograph over his dark wooden desk. He then picks it up again and carefully places it between the pages of one of his thick novels. 

It wasn't like they had a big falling out or that he was sure that they were never going to speak again, but it was the look she gave him when he pushed her off of his lap. She looked frightened, the one expression Mr. Styles knew all too well. 

He grabs his cold glass of bourbon and swallows the burning liquid, whilst sitting back in his big office chair. He glances outside to the boring streets covered in a white layer of snow. He wonders what Daisy Moon was up to this time a day. He feels the sudden urge to get in his car and speak to her. 

So he does exactly that. 

Once he pulls over to her porch and sees the window he's looked at for way too long, the feeling of regret creeps into his body. The white curtains are open but the lights are off, instead of the yellow hard light, there's a couple of candles illuminating the room. 

And there, sitting against the window, is his sunshine, with a large wine glass in her hand. She looks at the sky and all of the sudden she looks like she might float away to the moon, but then she notices the big black car and the man staring at her beauty. 

Her eyes widen and she places the glass next to her. She repositions herself and tries to hide her shock. 

Mr. Styles knows there's no way back now, and slowly opens his car door, placing his boot covered feet on the icy road. 

He stands there, in the middle of the street, ignoring the booming music coming from the house in front of him. 

Daisy Moon blows out the candles as she exits her room as fast as her feet can take her. She quickly twinkle toes down the stairs and ignores the confused looking boys stares and calls. She opens her front door and then stands dead still in her tracks. 

She hides her excitement when she sees the man in front of her.