CHAPTER TEN

The picture was gripped between long pale fingers with red painted nails. She was handling it too roughly for Harry Styles' liking. He wanted to reach out and take it from her, but he knew that would most likely infuriate her more. 

“Harry? For God's sake you aren't even listening to me!” Audrey yells and throws her arms in the air out of frustration. Harry looks at his wife. And back to the picture of the little girl with the baby blues. And then to the floor. 

Audrey runs her hands through her short brown locks, and looks at the picture again. Her heart aches as she reads the words in her husbands handwriting. 

My beautiful Daisy

He had also stupidly written the date he had received the photo, which was less than a month ago. Audrey lets the picture sink from her fingers and watches as the love of her life slowly gets on his knee, to pick it up. He places it back in the place she found it from. 

“Say something Harry, please.” She pleas and crosses her arms over her chest. 

Harry raises his hand to her face, and for a split second, she flinches, until he softly places it on the base of her neck. “You know I love you.” He says, pulling her close to his face. 

It wasn't a lie. He loved her with all of his mind, but not with his heart. At least, not anymore. 

Audrey looked right through his dull green eyes. She knew that Harry was never satisfied with one thing or in this case, person. He always wanted more. 

She had once given him a book, and now he had a small library in his office. Or when they celebrated their little girls first birthday, Harry was eager to try for another. But after three miscarriages, Audrey had begged him to stop trying. Harry also owned three cars, with the excuse being 'it was for family purposes', when Audrey never even learned to drive. And now, she wasn't good enough for him. 

She slowly removed his hand from her neck and walked out of his office and to the small room next door. She knelt down to Luna's tiny bed. The brunette three year old breathed steadily through her small nose with her thumb stuck between her pink lips. Audrey kissed her forehead and sighed.