Capítulo Dieciocho

"Kuya?" wika ko kasabay ang nanlalaking mata because I didn't expect na ang nakakatanda kong kapatid ay maabutan ko rito in my office.

"May kinakaharap palang problema ang kompanya but you are not saying anything to me."

"I don't want to bother you anymore lalo pa't hindi pa naman matagal nang ikasal ka kay Luisana."

"Mavic, you and our company is not a bother to me and it will never be. If you need help, handa naman akong tumulong." There's sincerity and care in his voice that touch my heart.

"But kuya, kaya ko pa naman. I can handle this by myself." I tried to smile just to reassure him. I hope, it will work.

He sighed. "Kilala kita. We grew up together at alam ko na may gusto ka lang patunayan sa sarili mo at sa amin but Mavic, asking for help is not a sign of cowardice, rather it just show that you have the courage to admit that you can't do this alone."

"Kuya, I'm fine, really. Kaya ko pa. I wanted to show that I can do it. Ayokong pagsisihan nila papá ang trust na ibinigay nila sa akin."

"Hanggang ngayon ay magulang pa rin pala natin ang iniisip mo." He smiled. "I am glad na you're that the same Maja Victorina that loves her parents dearly despite of what happened."

Napatingin ako sa kanya nang diretso dahil sa narinig.

Does that mean...

"You knew?" I asked with my eyes wide open and he just nodded to me in response.

"I know everything is hard for you but Mavic, don't build your walls too high, please. Nandito pa kami, nandito pa ako," kuya said and because of that I walked briskly towards him and enveloped my arms on his waist.

"Gracias, hermano," I said with a small smile on my face.

(Thank you, brother.)

Kuya and I had been together since we were kids. We played together in the streets of Spain, explore the city of Maynila and live harmoniously in the small town of San Diego.

Marami na kaming nagawang magkasamang magkapatid kaya ng wedding niya ay hindi ko maiwasang maging emosyonal dahil finally, nahanap na rin niya ang happiness na dati niya pa ninanais sa babaeng mamahalin niya panghabang buhay.

If I will be born again in another lifetime, I will choose Franco Victorino Reyes to be my brother again.

"¿Mavic, cómo estás?" he asked when I already break our hug.

(Mavic, how are you?)

"I'm fine, kuya. Don't worry," I said giving him a small smile.

"It so happens that time flies so fast. Dati-rati ay binibisita lang natin sila papá rito sa kompanya pero ngayon, ikaw na ang nagma-manage nito."

"Indeed, kuya. Napakabilis talaga ng panahon," I said as I remembered him again.

Those pitch black eyes that is looking into mine and the soft touch on my pale skin traced by his fingertips. His concise words and simple gestures that I'll cherish for the rest of my life. Kahit pa man naglaho na ang mga iyon, still it doesn't mean that it I'll just going to forget all of those.

He was my most treasured memory.

Umiling na lang ako upang i-wala ang atensyon ko roon.

"Kuya, paano mo pala nalaman ang nangyayari?" I asked him and looked at him intently as I shook my head in realization.

"Of course you had connections. What a silly question of me?!"

His laughter filled my entire office.