Capítulo Veinte

I keep staring on the glass of melon juice that is in front of me as my thoughts wander on him again. Our moments together. His voice. His strict face. Everything about him.

I hope everything was just easy.

But who am I kidding?

They say nothing can beats love. It is the most powerful thing in the world. But if it is really true, why is the world isn't the world that everyone expects it to be?

The truth is, maraming things ang maaring makatalo sa love. There's greed for power and riches, uncontentedness for the things a person has, the undeniable anger that turns the heart into stone, and the hunger for vengeance and justice.

Madali lang naman talaga ang umibig, the hard thing is letting love rule on one's being. Because even if love is the most precious thing in this world, it is nothing if a person doesn't listen to it.

But how?

How can I trust love if I am sure about my feelings but I am afraid to let myself be trapped into that same man who broke my heart? How can I believe that what he is saying to me is because of love and not because of anything else?

My heart is confused on what it should feel. My mind is puzzled on what it should believe. I wanted to trust him but it's hard to do if I am filled with doubts.

"Mavic, ano na naman bang problema mo at tulala ka riyan?"

I looked up to Ivy na kasalukuyang nakakunot ang noong nakatingin sa akin.

I am currently at her milky yellow room and sitting at the couch in her mini receiving area. It's been a while when I last came a visit at her house. Ang ibang pagkaka-ayos ay nag-iba na while ang iba naman ay nanatili pa ring parehas. Just like how her room became more spacious because of the new arrangement of it.

I wanted to have company dahil kapag wala ay para akong mababaliw sa kakaisip sa kanya and visiting Ivy is the best option right now.

"Hindi mo ba talaga ako kakausapin?" nakataas ang kilay na tanong niya sa akin pagkatapos ay umupo sa chair na nasa harapan ko.

I chuckled at her reaction. She's so eager to know my whereabouts.

Maybe, it's about time that I should really tell her about this. Isa pa, I needed advice from the love expert.

"I am just thinking about Raphael," I said as I saw her mouth turns into a big O.

"The ex... What about your ex, Maja Victorina?" she asked with giving emphasis to the word ex.

What the hell is wrong with this girl?!

"Well, he said he loves me," I said as if it wasn't a big deal but deep inside I know it wasn't true.

"Then, what's the problem about that?" she asks with her perfectly done eyebrow arched upward.

"I don't know if I should believe him or not."

Inikutan niya ako ng mata. "You know, what. I can't give you advice kung hindi ko alam ang buong pangyayari," she said then I sighed before I started narrating what happened.

"Gago pala 'yan na ex mo! Naturingang matalino pero hindi naman pala niya na-comprehend na wala kang kasalanan."

"It wasn't entirely his fault."

"Anong not entirely his fault? Malinaw pa kaya sa sinag ng araw na wala kang kinalaman sa nangyari. You were too young back then pero ikaw ang ginamit niya upang makaganti sa magulang mo dahil lang sa hindi niya kayang pabagsakin sila."