Capítulo Diecinueve

I can't contain the happiness I am feeling right now. My hard work has finally paid off as I look at the financial statements of our company.

Unti-unti nang nakakabawi ang kompanya sa losses na natamo namin these past few months. Hindi pa man ito tuluyang nabawi but at least the financial statements are getting beautiful as before.

With the happiness I am feeling right now, I decided to call Ivy upang ibalita sa kanya ito.

"Ok. Congrats," maikli niyang wika pagkatapos kong i-kwento sa kanya ang magandang pangyayari sa company.

I rolled my eyes on her as if she can really see me.

"How are you and Raphael?" she asked out of the blue that made me taken aback.

"What?" tanong ko sa hindi makapaniwalang tone.

What on earth comes to her mind just to ask me that?

"I heard sinuyo ka raw ng ex mo," she said as I looked at the bouquet of flowers on my table.

Pinadala niya ito sa akin earlier. I know that I should throw it in the trash bin but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Hey! May kausap pa ba ako rito?" naiinis niyang tanong dahilan upang mapatawa na lang ako.

"I have nothing to tell you, Ivy."

"Sino bang niloko mong gaga ka?!" aniya dahilan upang mas humagalpak ako sa tuwa.

I can imagine her face right now. She must be burning mad dahil wala akong gustong sabihin sa kanya. Because of irritation ay ibinaba na niya ang tawag dahilan upang mapailing na lamang akong may ngiti pa sa aking lips.

That girl is really nosy. No wonder kung bakit kami nagkasundong dalawa.

But my smile fades as I my eyes darted at the bouquet again.

I am confused.  Bakit niya ba ginawa ulit ito? Para na naman sa ano?

Revenge? Again?

I understand his pain pero sana ay tigilan niya na rin ito. I couldn't afford to lose my heart again especially to that same person. I am afraid that if I let myself fall into him once again, I will fell to the ground harder and harsher than before.

I love him unconditionally but it doesn't mean that I will close my eyes forever. He doesn't love me and that's a fact. Kaya naman naguguluhan ako kung bakit niya ba ako iniistorbo na naman.

I gave him the distance that he wanted. He must be contented by now for wounding my heart, pero hindi pa ba sapat ang ginawa niyang iyon?

Now...he is still pursuing me like nothing happened.

My thoughts are diturbed by a sudden rung of my phone.

"¡Enhorabuena, Mavic!" kuya said as I answer his call.

(Congrats, Mavic.)

"Gracias, kuya. Thank you for believing in me."

"Of course, I know you can do it," he said and I smile but that smile just eventually fades as I thought of him again.

"Kuya, how do you manage not to give up on love? Jimena always pushes you away before. Nakita ko kung gaano ka nasaktan every time she tried to escape from your grip. While on Luisana's case, she deceives you. Yes, she do loves you, but...she still lied." I paused. "Paano mo nagawang hindi bumitaw?"

"Mavic, the answer is the love itself. Naghintay ako at umasa nang dahil sa pag-ibig. Nasaktan at umiyak nang dahil din sa pag-ibig. And because of that, I am now currently happy with the woman I love the most. Every pain is worth it," he answered.