iida

Everyone makes fun of Iida for his hand movements, saying he looks like a robot but you shouldn't really.

When running you do that with your hands so he's just training REALLY hard all the time. Iida is sweet and wants to make his brother proud by doing well so he must train no matter how weird it looks.

Also in Japan it's rude to point. And Iida is respectful so he doesn't. Instead he does the open hand thing they do instead of pointing.

On that note don't make fun of him for being a robot, laugh with him because he points all day. And who else points a lot???

MUMS

conclusion: iida is mum friend since he always uses the pointy finger.

Iida is one of thooose mums that lecture their kids while waving their finger around. ☝midoriya and Uraraka definitely laugh about this whenever an American TV show has a mum like that. Todoroki just sits there like what's a mum?

(I'm sorry I had to, Rei is actually really nice and definitely becoming a better mum I just said that cause he didn't see her for ten years or something)

Side note he is the Father of 1-A (momo is mama) and Kaminari HAS succeeded to high five Iida while he's 👋

Wanted to add what AnimeNightmare69 mentioned in the comments cause it made my heart explode since it was so heart warming. Anyway they pointed out Iida does it because his brother does it.

Honestly that's classic Iida. He wants to follow in his brothers footsteps and has kinda copied his brother even since he was younger. So it's now 100% the reason he does the hand signals.

Thanks for reading my ducklings 🦆
And thanks for 800 reads. It's super awesome to know people actually read this.

I went to school for first time since lock down. I hate it but I have to go back tomorrow 😔