《Chapter 16》

♡Nevi's POV♡

"Your turn." Matt groaned shoving me off the bed to the sound of Gio crying.

Getting out the bed, I yanked the sheets to the floor.

"I will fuck you up!"

"Six weeks!" I yelped, dashing out the door.

Entering the nursery, the motion lights switched on causing Gio to catch his breath before he continued his wailing.

"What's wrong baby? Are you hungry?" Carrying him with me to the rocking chair, I start to breastfeed him.

It's only been a week since he was born and he's already established his likes and dislikes.

He refuses to sleep in his crib, doesn't like too many people touching him; that he gets from his father, refuses to drink formula, and loves to sleep; that he gets from me.

After 10 minutes of his continuous wailing, I try our other approach. Grabbing the baby bag, and his blanket, I make my way to my bedroom.

"Babe, I'm taking Gio for a drive to help him sleep. Okay?"

"Mhm." Matt responded cuddling with my pillow.

"Let's get you back to sleep huh baby?" Slipping on my bedroom shoes, I place Gio in his carseat and back out the garage.

I usually drive around the compound but I feel like a change in scenery.

"Awfully late for a drive, especially in the rain. Don't you think Donna?" The guard at the gate questioned. Looking at the time, it was 3 am.

"I'm taking Gio for a drive to get him to sleep." Antonio chuckled then opened the gate knowing what it's like as he's a father of 3 girls.

5 minutes into the drive, Gio was out like a light. The trees looked so serene when the rain shot through them. Turning back, was the last thing I remember.

♤Matt's POV♤

"Principessa?"

"Babe."

"Honey?"

"Neveah."

She wasn't answering. I got up and checked the bathroom then the closet. Empty.

She probably fell asleep in Gio's room again.

Walking to the nursery, I flicked on the lights to find it empty. The giraffe clock on the wall read 4:53. Where can they be. I dashed from room to room, closet to closet, and they weren't anywhere.

"Yo! Is Neveah by any of you?" I asked the guys on a group call to which they all groaned out a "no".

Cameras. If she thinks this is a funny ass game of hide and seek i'll tear that ass up, six weeks or not.

The last place Neveah must've passed through would be the front gate if she's not on the compound. Using the walkie, I buzz the guard on duty.

"Antonio, Neveah è tornata? A che ora è partita?" (Has Neveah come back yet? What time did she leave?)

"Buongiorno Don! Donna non è ancora tornata ma è partita a uh ...um ..." (Good morning Don! Donna hasn't returned yet but ahe left at uh...um...). The time it took him to log onto the computer, I already had the time stamp from the cameras.

She left minutes after 3 and still hasn't came back yet. Running down the stairs, I grabbed my gun and shoes before hopping in a car. Speeding out the gate, I drive down the only road into and out of the compound. I didn't see a car anywhere.