CHAPTER 24

A quiet groan came from underneath the thick duvet. It didn't take a genius to know that the person laying underneath was in pain. Bettering headache torture her poor skull, slight nausea adding to her misery. Catherine's brain felt like it would swell beyond the capacity of her skull. 

"Kill...me..." The creature that was once a woman whined. Her eyes peeled open to the dimly lit room, though it is daytime no-one had opened the thick drapes. 

Her mouth was dry and head felt fit to crack up any moment. Another groan rumbled through her chest. It was too fucking early to wake up. With a pull of her hand, Catherine snuggled into the covers. For a second she was peaceful. 

A very short second. 

The next moment her eyes were wide like five cent coins. 

"Holy crap..." Hurriedly, she sat up. The room swayed wildly, nearly causing her to fall back. No fast moves when hangover, the basic rule she ad forgotten about. Once the bedroom became stationary again, her gaze settled on the blanket covering her body. 

"Please no...please no..." Catherine uttered a quiet prayer to whatever God or Superman that was listening. The naive hope that it had all been a dream shattered as she raised the corner of the blanket. Her clothes were gone and she felt sore downstairs. 

"I'm such an idiot." 

"Agreed." 

A deep voice coming from bathroom made all hair on the back of her neck stand. Slowly, she raised her eyes from her bare frame. Layton stood in the doorway, toothbrush in hand and nothing but a towel saving her from seeing him in all his naked glory. 

He watched her with arrogant amusement in his eyes. Fresh droplets of water trickled down his rippled torso and the well defined v-cut. For a second she struggled to avert her gaze, the memories of the same body playing her in all the best possible ways came back to her. 

"Did..did we..." Her groggy mind was seeking answers she already had. A small part of her still wanted to believe that she hadn't been dumb enough to hook up with a devil. 

"We did." 

Dang it. 

"Oh my God..." She sighed, rubbing her face with her hands. This was bad! 

"It wasn't God that made you scream last night." Layton smirked, watching her intently. 

"Shut up. How drunk was I? Must've been pretty wasted to fuck someone like you." Catherine retorted, covering her chest with the blanket. 

Layton scoffed, "Sober enough to beg for it." He returned to the bathroom, sound of running water echoing through the room. 

The young woman felt her face turn tomato red with pure shame. if her head didn't already feel like a truck had ran over it, she would bang it against the nearest wall. 

What the hell was I thinking!?

"Freshen up, we are leaving in an hour." Layton announced from somewhere in the bathroom. 

Catherine frowned, "Where are we going?" The thought of going somewhere made her want to crawl into a deep black hole and not come out. The hangover was still knocking against her temple and her body felt as if she had fallen from three story house. Even making it down the stairs to get some water would prove to be a challenge. She would have to bump down the steps on her backside.

"We have an unpleasant event to attend." Layton explained, coming out from the bathroom already partly dressed. Still shirtless, he now stood before her only in his jeans.