Chapter 1- The problems we have

Dedicated to Boss_aura, for her wonderful support for me since day one, thank you so much for everything.

Glad to see you continued!!!

Silence, that's all that was in the car that Willis and his mom drove in.

The car drove at a normal speed but yeah, the silence. It was an awkward silence, but by the expression on his mom's face, she was bound to break it first.

"Honey, are you sure you are going to be happy at this new college?" she finally asks. "I mean it's not because those best friends of yours are there that you have to degrade yourself in such a school for them," she tries to keep her eyes on the road and focused on Willis at the same time.

"Willis honey, you know your previous school was better because it was more prestigious, more for people of our status, and most importantly more for people with intellectual abilities like you, so I don't see why you would lower yourself in such a way for them as to..."

"...Enough mom!" Willis yells, glaring at his mother while disfiguring the opened empty plastic water bottle in his hand out of annoyance and anger."Why are you always so based on misjudging every choice I make?!"

"Sweetie you know that's not what I do,"

"But you're doing it right now!, and you've been doing it since God knows when!"

She stops the car, they had arrived at their destination without even noticing. She then looks straight in his eyes with a face that showed that she wished she had never started talking.

"Willis, I'm sorry ok? I was only trying to help,"

"By discouraging me and disapproving my decision?"

"Son, it's not like that,"

"Oh yeah?! The same way it wasn't like that when you began an affair with that multi-billionaire guy! Fred! The day right after dad died! but yet you didn't see me discouraging your decision!"

She begins to feel the annoyance rise inside of her.

"Willis you have absolutely no right to talk to me that way!"

"That's all you can say?" Willis says in a sad tone, she looks at him with a speechless expression on her face.

"Whatever, thanks a lot mom," he finally says as he harshly opens the car door, gets out, and slams it back shut.

She then gets out of the car, "Honey come on, let's talk about this," she watches him angrily get his suitcase out of the car boot and a big bag he hangs on his left shoulder.

"Honey please, what are you doing?"

He ignores her once more and leaves.

"We don't have to be this way all the time," she says, but then realizing it was useless she locks the car and begins to go after him.

Yep, that's all it has been between Willis and his mother, NOTHING BUT QUARRELS!.

Willis had always been a very smart person since he was little, being the first in class, getting the best grades...he was that kind of person who always tried to maintain order in his life.

But on the day he lost his dad, it was like that order had shattered into a million pieces.

His dad was considered the peacemaker of the family, always settling all the disputes and disagreements.

But after his death due to a brain tumour, leaving Willis and his mom all alone, their family was toast.

Both of them were being torn apart each day with no one to stop it, no one but themselves.

But it was of no use because it was the same story every day, fights, misunderstandings, quarrels, you name it.

There was no saving them and they both knew it, Willis's father wasn't coming back anytime soon...or ever.

The whole problem had gone from the frying pan into the fire the day after Willis's father died when Willis had walked in on his mother sleeping with her boss, (some multi-billionaire named Fred.)

From that very day, Willis had sworn to himself never to forgive his mother, because the thought of the possibility that she might have been having an affair when his dad was still alive drove him crazy day by day.

And the crazier it drove him, the more he felt like distancing himself away from her was the best option.

Cause he needed his space away from her, and she needed to give him that space, but she couldn't.

That is why he had chosen Eastdale for a new college, cause for starters he was going to be with his four childhood best friends. And the other thing was the fact that it was much more further from home than his previous one. And as you know, further meant better.

"Willis, comes back here! I wasn't done talking to you!" She says, gripping his arm with her right hand.

"Well I was done talking to you," he responds, forcefully shaking off her hand.

"You don't get to do this!"

"I'm in my final year of college so I'm grown enough to do whatever I want!"

She looks at him surprised with crossed arms, "Willis Logan Hunter, you will do whatever I say cause no matter what damn class you are, guess what?... I'm still your mother!"

"Then maybe I don't want you for a fucking mother anymore!"

And that's it guys, chapter one is done, hope you liked it,
Don't forget to kindly drop your votes if you liked this chapter.
Lots of love
Francesca💖💖💖

Lots of loveFrancesca💖💖💖