Chapter 10- The places we cherish

Dedicated to NoAngelsWalking for being the best reading partner one could ever hope for💟💟💟

Glad to see you continued!!!

"Willis," a voice came from behind him. A smile slowly spreads across his face, that sweet charming accent could be recognized anywhere. He turns around.

"Danny,"
She immediately traps him in a warm hug, "You came."

"Of course I did, I could never pass down your invitation."

"You're so sweet," she replies with a warm smile.

He silently stares into her eyes before gradually lowering his gaze at the crop top and short skirt she wore, "You look so beautiful...in that outfit...yeah, the outfit is pretty."

"Thank you, that really means a lot coming from you."

They both go quiet again, smiling at each other, wondering who would continue the conversation first, and what next to say.

"Umm...so what does a guy like me do around here?"

"Oh, well, I don't really know, but on my part, I was actually getting a little bored anyway, and I was sort of already thinking of leaving before I saw you."

"Oh, well in that case, where do you want to go?"

She looks at him in surprise, she wasn't really expecting him to say that.
"Why do you want to know? You want to come with me?" she teases him.

He laughs off the fact he had just given himself away, "Ok, you got me, I do wanna go with you."

"You say it like it's a crime," she says, taking some steps closer to him. He could have never imagined himself as nervous as he was at that moment ever in his life.

"Do you consider it a crime?"

"Not at all Willis."

He breaths out in relief, she totally approved of his company, that was good.

"Ok then, what are we waiting for?"

"Well, I don't seem to see anything...so I guess we'll be on our way now."
She softly takes hold of his hand and leads them out of the party.

🎗🎗🎗
They both get out of the taxi as it comes to a stop. Willis closes the door, everywhere was dark at that time of the night, but the moonlight seemed to have kept everything in view.

"What is this place?" Willis asks.

"Relax Willis, you'll soon see," she replies back to him.

She takes his hand into hers again and begins leading him further into the place, and further, and further, until, she stops.

"I don't still get where we are,"

She laughs gently at him, "Oh come on, look in front of you Willis, tell me what you see."

He looks at what's in front of him with a confused expression,
"A tree?"

She smiles at him, shaking her head lightly.

He takes another guess, "Ok, some more trees...with the tree?"

"Willis no, I'm only talking about the one in front of us."

"O-k," he answers slowly, slightly tilting his head to understand what he was looking at, but it was still sort of hopeless. "Danny, all I still see is a tree."

"It's not a tree Willis...it's the tree."

"The tree?"

"Yes, the tree...come on."