Chapter 11- The obstacles we fret

Dedicated to MissYanxiet for reviewing my book and giving me your wonderful support on it💗💗💗

Glad to see you continued!!!

Natalia places her hand on the doorknob and applies force on it while trying to push it open with her body.

"It's locked, isn't it?"

She stops, "Yeah, sort of." She answers, backing away from the door.

"I thought you said it might be open."

"Might...Willis, it's not everytime our classroom is left open on a Sunday."

Willis slams his hand on his forehead and lets out a deep frustrated sigh.
"Well that's just great, the library is locked, our classrooms are locked, and the dorms are super noisy, what other place are we going to go to be alone and read all these books?"

"Willis relax, we could try other lecture rooms, like that of the law students."

"And you really think that one will be open?"

"Well, there's only one way to find out."

She quickly walks past him, down the long hallway. Willis stands and waits for a moment before joining her.

🎗🎗🎗
They both stop in front of the door, and to their very surprise, it was slightly open already. They both turn to each other with smiles on their faces.

"I told you it'll be open Willis."

He goes closer to the door, "Yeah, and it's quiet, seems like there is just one person in here...one person who really doesn't want to be disturbed," Willis chuckles.

"Great then, I guess we're both on the same page with who so ever is in there, plus this is just the perfect environment we were looking for, so come on," Natalia finally says as she pushes the door even wider.
They both go inside laughing as quietly as possible, but suddenly, Willis stops dead on his tracks, followed by Natalia.
They were right, someone was in there before them, it was Danny, and she had company.

Willis focuses his eyes on the guy seated next to her, and focuses his hearing on their laughter as they conversed. She seemed to have been enjoying the conversation judging by the way she laughed so hard and enthusiastically. She had never laughed like that when he conversed with her.

He also notices that she had straightened her hair, just like she had promised, it was longer now, and made her much more beautiful than ever.
The little hair that rested on her face as she laughed brought out a glow in her that he had never noticed till now. But then suddenly, the guy slowly takes the hair and places it at the back of her ear with his hand, AND SHE LETS HIM DO IT!

Willis stares harder at both of them with sadness written all over his face, but yet he just stands there helplessly and keeps watching them.
The guy continues by sliding his fingers in between her's, and without wasting time he leans in and gives her a peck on her cheek.

At this, the books Willis carries all come crashing down from his hands unknowingly, making a loud enough noise to draw everyone's attention. Danny immediately gets up upon seeing him.

"Willis!" Danny exclaims in great shock as she quickly turns to where the crash came from.

Natalia bends down, gathers up the books and hands it back to him.

Danny stares at Willis, hoping he hadn't seen what had just happened, but something told her it was of no use.
"Willis, hey...umm...who's your friend?"

He turns to look at Natalia, "Danny meet Natalia, Natalia, Danny."

"Wow, it's nice to finally meet one of Willis's friends..."

"...And you?" he asks sharply, cutting her short of words. He continues "The person next to you, won't you introduce him to me?"

She could detect a hint of annoyance in his tone which made her nervous.
"Oh...umm...sorry, Natalia, Willis, this is Scott...a friend of mine."

"A friend of..."

"...Scott, this is Willis and his friend Natalia."
She immediately cuts in to stop Scott from going any further with his statement.

Scott stares at Danny in confusion and annoyance, but it didn't matter though, her eyes were only on Willis, trying to figure out how he felt about what was happening.

"Ok then, if I'm just a friend of yours then who is he to you?" Scott asks, clearly impatient for an answer.

She finally faces him, then back to Willis. How in the fuck was she going to answer that? She didn't know, but yet again she needed to answer.

Relax Danny, just come right out and say it, it's going to be fine, she thought, bracing herself for the worst.

"He's also a friend of mine," she finally answers.
She looks at Willis, trying to know if what she had said was the right thing, but by the look on his face, she had a strong feeling it wasn't.
She didn't know why but she wanted badly to take it back, but she couldn't, and that killed her.

She could read his eyes very clearly, it complained, it expected something more than just friends, even if nothing so magical had ever happened between them.
The silence in the room was of no help to the situation at all, although she knew why he was so quiet. She needed him to say something, anything just to prove her wrong.
Maybe he didn't expect more, maybe she was just over-thinking the whole thing.

"Natalia, we'll be on our way now," Willis says, finally recovering from the long pause.

Oh shit! She wasn't over-thinking it, he did except more, what had she done?.

"Willis!" She calls out to him.

He turns to face her, and right at that moment the evidence of what she had done was very clear in his eyes, it reddened with tears, tears that she could see he fought so hard to hold back.

On his own part, he thought, What's wrong with you Willis? She's right, you guys are just friends, nothing more can happen so just deal with it!

Without wasting further time, he grabs Natalia's hand and drags her out of the room alongside him.

Scott notices Danny's eyes still fixed on the door, like she was lost. He calls her back to reality.
"Danny, Danny!"

"Oh...what?" She turns back to him quickly spotting the fury in his eyes as he stares into her's.

"A friend of yours...really Danielle?!"

"Scott, please..."

"No!" He yells back at her with his reddened face and eyes still firmly fixed on her's, making her whole body waver due to her speechlessness.

He continues, "I just endured and swallowed all of the nonsense that came out of your mouth when they were here! But I'm not taking anymore bullshit! So you're gonna sit down, and tell me who in the hell that guy is, and why you had to deny me as your boyfriend in front of him!"

Follow the author on Instagram: @franie_cesca

Hey guys, thank you so much to all those of you who read to the end, I really appreciate it.
Please don't forget to kindly drop your comments and votes if you liked this chapter, that would really mean a lot to me, thanks once again.
Lots of love,
Francesca💖💖💖

Lots of love,Francesca💖💖💖