Chapter 17- The way we feel

Glad to see you continued!!!

Danny hurriedly gets out of the cab immediately it comes to a stop. She brings out some money from her jacket and pays the driver, not really caring if it was more than what she owed.

As the cab drives off, she swiftly begins running while whispering under her breath, "Hang in there Willis."

🎗🎗🎗
Willis is seen seated on top of Danny's wishing tree with his throbbing head rested against a large branch. His swollen eyes and reddened face was a nice hint on what he was using his little alone time to do.

His whole body wavered in anger and sweat alongside his two eyes that flinched in fury.

He felt empty, useless, lost, so lost that he couldn't even notice calling her name from below the tree, or maybe he could, but just chose to ignore her.

"Willis! Willis, please answer me!"

"Danny, I want to be alone right now," he manages to say to her. But she definitely wasn't taking that for an answer.

"Willis, you can't be alone right now!... You need somebody!"

"I know, that's why I got myself."

"No! Not yourself! I meant me!"

What she said didn't seem to move him one bit. He kept starting up in the sky with his teary eyes, not minding anything else, even her.

Her rising frustration erases all the patience she in her, "That's it Willis! I'm coming up!" With that, Danny impatiently takes off her flat shoes and drops them beside his, before she began to climb, and climb, till she got to the top where he was. "If you think I'm going to leave, you're wrong! Willis...I'm not going to let you shut me out."

"I'm not shutting you out, I'm doing you a favour. You don't have to be here...you don't have to care."

"But I do!"

"Why?!" His question was like a bullet straight into the heart for her. He was right, why did she care? He didn't know the answer, but neither did she.

"I...I don't know." She stutters, hoping there was a chance he would still let her in. And luckily, she watches as he slowly scooches over for her.

She smiles in relief and forcefully lifts herself onto the big branch to a sitting position.

"I can wish for anything here, right?" He asks weakly before she could even get comfortable.

"Yeah, you can," she replies softly, slowly swinging her legs to and fro.

"So that means I can wish for some certain people to disappear too?"

"Willis!" Danny exclaims in surprise. How could he say that? Had it really come to that? She thought as she tries to make sense of what he had just said.

She continues, "You can't take back anything you wish for! I told you that!"

"And whoever said I would want to take it back?! Huh, Danny?!" He shoots back at her, fiercely looking her in the eyes.

She on her own part, couldn't even recognize who he was at the moment. It wasn't like the Willis she knew, this one was angrier, more aggressive, more broken.

Her urge to take away all his hurt grew stronger as he stared hard into her eyes.

"I don't have a father too, I remember telling you this Willis, the last time we came here," she says dropping her gaze away from his.

Right then he could feel his angry, furious self soften up a bit.

She continues, "At least you know what happened to your dad...I don't even know what happened to mine, all I know is that I grew up without one."