"Do I know you?"

White.

White stared at you from sockets of black. He looked taken aback by your sudden appearance, gripping his jacket sleeve. You stared at him, wide eyes flickering as you searched him for a trace of remembrance- comfort- coming to a conclusion. He wasn't your Sans. He continued to stare, as if struck by familiarity. "Hey............... you??" He hesitated with a sheepish grin. Two seconds later he cursed himself for not having a pun at the ready— you had caught him off-guard.

Your grip trembled as you welled, face contorting to sorrow as you gripped his sleeve tighter, dipping your head. He only stared on in concern— an over-dressed woman was crying on him- what could he do-?? He began to pat your back stiltedly. "Th.... There, there kid— you o-?" You clamped him into a hug, his broad frame seizing up.

It took him a moment initially before he hugged you to him gently. "Ok..." he murmured more to himself as he hugged you. You sobbed into his white shirt, tears fading into the material as his skull rested in the crook of your neck with a husky sigh. He hadn't the slightest clue who you were, nor where you're from, but one thing was for certain... you were incredibly soft. "Sans...." you cried against him, a broken repeat as you wrung his shirt. His sockets jarred open, a reflection of your pain. The way you said it- it was absolutely heart-wrenching to the clueless skeleton. He rubbed your back as you hiccuped, trembling.

He hushed you. "It's gonna be ok, kid..." you only shook your head against his chest, his smell invading your senses. Fabric softener, a dab of 'old spice' cologne (A.N: Don't question it, I smelt one from the bottle once and it wasn't half bad- for cologne anyways XD) and a hint of ketchup that seemed to radiate from him.

You inhaled, cries reduced to sniffles as he continued to mutter secure affinities- he was too soothing for his own good. He had managed to shuffle around, guiding you gently by the small of your back to a booth by the window, giving full, grey-tinted view of the clustered street. "It's ok kid, we can talk about this..." he said as he helped you down to the padded seat before taking the seat opposite yours. His phalange fell to the top of your hand with a comforting grin.

Now that he got a good look at you— you were kinda cute. Struggling to keep the faint blue tint off of his cheekbones, he swallowed. "So, I... I uh, know this is going to sound terrible but- do I know you?" You hung your head with a sigh, rubbing your eyes messily against your sleeves. "Probably not... I'm sorry— you- you just remind me of someone I know..." you mumbled, fumbling with your sleeves.

He grinned sympathetically. "Well, I don't know many people who walk around bare-bones but I'll take it as a compliment-!" He winked. It took a moment before you let out a chuckle, him smiling to see you a percentile happier than you were then. "No, he was.. well, you— but not you if that makes sense. He was different in a way.." "What kind of different?" His expression darkened momentarily before two bottles of ketchup were slammed onto the surface of the streaky table.

Sans grinned with glee, sending a smile to the waiter. "Thanks kid-!" he winked cheerfully before eagerly drawing the bottles to him, peeling the tops off and drinking. "Well, you see, I'm your wife- not YOUR wife nescessarily- but I'm the wife of another one of you!" You flushed with a mumble. Sans spat out his ketchup in a spray of red that coated the window, sputtering as his skull grew blue, phalanges sweaty.

He coughed again. "WOW— Huh, I guess you could say I'm one lucky no-body-! Sorry, I wasn't expecting that. You surprised me, kid." He chuckled nervously, still flushed blue as he cooled down- though the mental fire was still burning bright: I HAVE A WIFE-?!!! I HAVE A WIFE-!! I HAVE A CUTE, HUMAN WIFE!! SHE'S NOT MY WIFE- BUT SHE'S STILL MY WIFE—!! GOD, YOU ARE TOO KIND ON THIS LAZY SINNER-!! "I'm sorry- I probably should've waited- that's what a normal person would do... I-I haven't really talked to anyone like this in years—" "No, no— you're alright kid... just surprised- it's not a big deal-" he grinned in assurance, it wavering as he glanced around the restaurant- looking everywhere but you. He couldn't turn away for long, watching you take in your surroundings. You sighed, nostalgic- a noise that had him smiling softly. There was something so familiar about you...