RESET

Did time have a stop button?

Say, a button alike those you would find on a lap watch? A stop watch? If it did, it certainly revealed itself in that moment, that millisecond- that fraction of time that managed to knock the wind from your lungs as you turned—

Him, he— Sans. Sans.

There was.... there was no- no— you— he- you stared at the heaving skeleton that was planted behind you, your eyes blurring as you stifled a roar of emotions in your chest that only grew louder with the filled silence only New York could provide. One hundred years. A century of waiting on a selfish fool. "Wifey?" Came the broken call, more a question than it's normal cocky statement. You met his wavering pupils, still hidden in the shadow of his sockets as they were when they frequented your nightmares.

You took a step back- he advanced in a slow shuffle, his arms leaving their sides as they creaked open, air popping from the pressed joints. You could only stare on- a mindless buzz entered your brain, a jolt of a volt- that sheer magnetic, static electricity that came with the monster before you as cheesy as it was, like a soulful magic of old. He seemed almost anxious as he suddenly stopped short of you, staring earnestly. Watching. Waiting. With arms stretched open. Blue stood glaring from over your shoulder, perched with a most possessive, loathing look one could conjure as his gaze lined back and forth between you two. His soul twitched in a rather ugly way, it was painful, angry— it spurned with jealousy, though no one mightn't ever tell through his smile.

If one, like myself, were to inject a volume of thoughts, feelings into Sans' mind- there would only be but one: A deep bowel of doubt as he appreciated your every feature once more. Your lips parted, eyes dully alight with that same doubt- it was just... you. Your everything. Your being- in a way, made him realise just how much he had lost that day. How much he— he swept towards you, phalanges brushing your cheeks gingerly as he stared down at you, your heart palpitating in a way that throbbed painfully. Your eyes clenched shut in refusal- he had hurt you so much already, you didn't- Your eyes jarred open again to bear his apologetic gaze.

"This isn't an apology Sans." You muttered bitterly, almost anything to keep him away, anything to hoard that hurt you still clenched. "I know, bub." Came his rumble of response as his phalanges shifted to cupping your hands as he squatted down to your level. "I am not forgiving you." He chuckled sadly at this. "I know, bub..." he pressed your knuckles to his teeth with a gentle tenderness, a century past since he had done it and by god he missed it. Blue supposed he couldn't be jealous- rather, shouldn't- you were, your 'husband'— You were with your fiancé and he— he shouldn't... He only sighed from the newly created distance upon the rooftop. This was... for the best. You stared down at him, eyes welling with stubborn tears against your frown that wavered under the brunt of relief.

"I love you."

He glanced up, sockets wide before he melted with a most light, genuine grin.

"I know, (y/n)."

The plush of your lips met his canined grin, softly, steadily— before he rushed forth to devour you, smothering you with an affection that had his arms cradling you to him tightly. "I missed you- I missed you so much wifey—" he uttered between a kiss as he shook, clasping you to him as tears rimmed his sockets. They fell on you as he continued to hunch over, drip— drop. His tears streamed to your hands, wetting the palms till There's was nothing but— "Why aren't you here-?! Why aren't you here with me?!!" "I need you and you're not here— when I need you to be overprotective- you're not here!" "YOU'RE NOT HERE-!!!!" The all-consuming water flooded you, dust spread through your fingers. Glass shattered. Blood— "No-no no no NO" You sucked in a breath-