'Stealing' what was already his

"I FORBID IT-!!"

Papyrus found himself bellowing after he had seized your phone- having grown weary, daresay suspicious of the smiles you pulled in its constant presence. A line of texts strung through the past week since the lab visit had been exposed as he pried. The recipient of your slight affections- exposed to the same hateful glare Papyrus gave as he continued to flick through.

Your last interaction with the 'foul offender' had been a quick 'ok' to a simple hangout with Sans, nothing more, nothing less— Papyrus naturally blew it massively out of proportion. "HE DARES TO CROSS THE LINES OF COURTSHIP—?!! HE IS BUT A MERE COMMONER!!" He beseeched hypocritically as he marched through with you at his heels, though he was too far-gone in his rage to notice your reaches for the phone. "The absurdity of it all!! The gall-!" He proclaimed as you leapt for the phone again, missing. "As your chancellor- I refuse to allow the relay of his companionship—!! I will not allow it!" He seethed, clutching he flip-phone tightly. He had to admit, his jealousy was beyond scorching- allowing another monster rights to you? After everything he worked for-?! Never.

It was then you stopped firmly. "I don't ever remember allowing you to make decisions for me, Chancellor." "You....." He rasped as he turned his skull slowly, a jutting whirl that reminded you just why you were so terrified of him. He stared you down, a harrowing, monstrous glare that made you rethink ever standing up to him. He took a step forwards— before someone knocked. Now, it wasn't uncommon for someone to knock at the palace doors- it was however, uncommon that one would knock on the door in the dead of night. You both swivelled towards the door, staring at it in anticipation. The knocking came again. Papyrus straightened himself hesitantly- his tirade was far from over, but for now... He unlatched the door, being met with a grin.

"Sup, bro?"

The door was slammed in his face, Papyrus heaving in livid silence. There was a pause before Sans knocked again. Papyrus gritted. "LEAVE YOU HEATHEN-!!" He screeched. "Knock knock~" Sans called from behind the door playfully as Papyrus' phalanges flew to the sides of his skull. "Rrr-!!" "This is where you're meant to say 'who's there?'" Sans reminded. Papyrus glared sharply at the door. "Will that get you to leave?!" There was silence to be heard. Papyrus gave in. "Ugh- 'who's there?' you imbecilic buffoon?!" Papyrus growled. ".......... you know, I can't think of anythin— Wait, I've got it- no, I lost it again..." he chuckled.

Papyrus growled out irritably, the plastic of the burner phone cracking under the fierce grip of his gloves. He glowered at the door before you jarred it open, being met with Sans' usual grin. "Heya Princess!" "Hi—!" The door was slammed yet again by a fuming Papyrus that loomed over your back. His warm, ragged breath fell across the flank of your neck, hairs prickling in a most sensitive way. "...And just where..... do you think.. you're going...?" He huffed, phalanges curling into tight fists above your head, knuckles dragging down the wood. He was abruptly tapped on the shoulder, whirling as you were yanked away into the shadow of the corridor.

You bumbled through the thin space, the figure ahead of you sprinting with your hand entrapped in theirs. They cocked their head with a baritone laugh that made your heart swell pleasantly. "SANS?!!" "Keep up, Princess!!" He hollered over his shoulder with a toothy smile as he charged forwards, Papyrus' yells receding as the marches of a dozen feet replaced him. Sans could get into real trouble for this- the guard was after him and he was more than aware of the fact the he could shortcut out of there at any given moment— but now, he had an excuse to hold your hand in his, warmth from both of your palms contrasted against each other. And even if it were for just a moment, a mere moment... he gripped your hand gently, leading the chase elsewhere- he wanted to relish in the feeling for as long as he could.

Halting at the end of the vast hall, he turned, swivelling as you barrelled into his arms. The guards approached before he pulled you into his side tightly, phalange at your waist as he watched them fall short into the plume of midnight smoke he left in his trail.