Her

Wanda's POV:

{Monday}

I woke up to the sound of my alarm making the beeping noise. I turned it off and got up. I was brushing my teeth when someone was banging at my door. 

"Wanda hurry up! We're going to be late!" my younger sister Lorna yelled. I quickly put on my skinny jeans, a loose t-shirt, and my ankle boots. I quickly grab my bookbag and project for journalism and photography. I tossed my hair up in a messy bun and ran downstairs. 

"Bye, dad." I said giving him a kiss on his cheek and walking out of the door with Lorna. We lived really close to the school so we walked. We went to New York High. The school was huge and was split up in grade sections so no one got lost.

Bye sis." Lorna said and walked off into the 10th-grade section. I was a senior and I was happy to graduate. I had been applying for colleges for being a professional writer or a journalist. Photography was something my mom was into before she died in a car crash.

"Welcome to class. Please have a seat." Mrs. Croft said as we entered journalism.

"So this week coming up is a big week for us, small journalists. Why? Because this is spirit week and we are coming up. We also have a huge football game this Friday. Many, many, many things are happening this week so since you guys are my only journalism class I will be making someone of you CEO of the yearbook. Many people quit because they wanted to have "fun"."

This week was really important for the school. For us seniors we can not mess up this week. It has to flow. It's not shocking that some people quit the yearbook. 

"For yearbook CEOs, I will be appointing Scott, Loki, Stephen, and Wanda. She said with a proud smile. I would pick more but I think I have enough. If you four will come to see me at my desk after class, I will be giving you your topic for this week and what you will work on."

Me? CEO of the yearbook. This was good but bad. I hope she doesn't put me with the football player and I'm more of just taking the pictures. Scott, Stephen, and I are pretty good friends. But Loki and I don't talk much. He's not a people person. 

After class, I walked up to Mrs.Croft. 

"Oh, Wanda yes… I will be appointing you to interview the cheerleading squads leader. I believe her name is Natasha Romanoff. You know what you have to do. Just ask questions and get some pictures of the squad practicing. "

I stood in shock. I would rather do the football team. The cheer squad was known for being mean. I either could quit and not do it or suck it up. 

"Okay when will their interview be due?" I regretted my decision immediately. 

"This Friday before prom."

I walked out hating this so much. I could have easily said no to it. I pushed my thoughts out of my head and walked to photography. 

Later that afternoon I walked outside to the football field. There was the cheerleading squad practicing. I walked up to the coach letting her know I was going to be taking pictures for the yearbook. She was cool. I start taking a few pictures here and there. I was focusing on the top girl who was the leader. She had the perfect body. She had on gym shorts and a short crop top revealing her abs. She had thick hips and thick thighs. Her hair was crimson red in a ponytail and her lips plump pink. She stood proud on top of the pyramid. Without thinking I took a picture. 

I was caught off guard as the coach yelled. I watched the top girl cross her hands on her chest and fall backward. I panicked until I saw the girls behind them catch her. 

"Romanoff journalist." The coach said nodding towards me. 

"Hi." she said with a proper tone. I’m Natasha. "The coach said you're a journalist."

I was lost for words. This girl was beautiful. How could someone be sweaty and hot at the same time? My eyes gazed deeply into her emerald green ones. In which I got lost in. 

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked, waving her hand in my face. I quickly snapped out of it and looked down at my camera. 

"Uh yeah, I'm Wanda, a journalist for the school. And I was hoping you were free tomorrow for an interview for this week's activities and the game." I asked. My hands got sweaty and I began panicking for no reason. "Uh yeah, I’m free tomorrow afternoon. My place at five?"

"Uh yeah sure that's good."

"Let me just give you my phone number and just text me and I'll send you the address." Natasha said as I handed her my phone and she put in her number. 

"See you tomorrow Wanda." Natasha said with a smirk and went back to her squad. 

I walked down the road listening to Brooklyn Baby by Lana Del Rey. Natasha was painted into my head. I couldn't get her voice out of my head so soothing and soft. Her smile as she stood proud on top of the girls was breathtaking. And I get to meet her tomorrow at her house for an interview. I was nervous and scared. What if she really is a bossy mean girl? 

Before I knew it was home. "Hey, dad," I said walking through the door.

"How was your day sweetheart?" My dad asked.

"Good, I’m going to be in the attic if you need me." I said.

I grab a broom and I bring down the latch to the attic. I walked up and closed. I stared around at the painting I had done. I took off my clothes and got into my shorts and a band t-shirt. I grabbed an empty canvas and started panting. I hummed to the lyrics Sunflower by Post Malone. 

Mixing colors together I noticed I was panting the girl I had just met.