Prom

Hailey is now 6 months pregnant and it's the night of prom.

I grab the dress that my dad sent me and put it on. It looks amazing.

Cassidy comes over and get's ready at my house

Cassidy comes over and get's ready at my house. Her dress is gorgeous. We took a picture on the boardwalk near school and it came out like this. (Imagine the dress above)

 (Imagine the dress above)

We went to prom. Cassidy had gotten a new boyfriend and went to dance with him. I sat by the punch table and waited for it to be over. I didn't even really want to come, but Cassidy talked me into it. I heard a voice behind me. 

"Want to dance?"

It was Bradley. He came back. I grabbed his hand and held myself close to his chest. I missed this. We used to have date nights in the park and we would do this. I really missed him, and if he still liked me now, it wouldn't hurt to give him a second chance.

"I changed my mind"

"Huh?" he said

" I want to give it another try."

He pulled me closer to him and kissed me. It felt like there was no one else in the room. I loved him with all my heart. All of a sudden my baby kicked me. Bradley and I felt it at the same time. We both smiled.

"I love you." he said

And this time I said it back.

We left prom and went to my house to watch a movie. I had to leave early because I have a doctor's appointment. We got in my car and I dropped Bradley off at his hotel, then I drove to my doctor's office. I had stopped looking at the screen during my appointment because I didn't want to get attached to a baby I wasn't going to be keeping. 

"Would you like to know the sex?"

"Sure."

"You have to look at the screen eventually Hailey."

I reluctantly turned to face the screen and at the top it said, it's a girl!

"Congratulations, you're going to be a girl mom!"

"Oh, I'm giving it, sorry her, up for adoption."

"Oh, sorry my bad. I see why you didn't want to look now."

"It's ok. Is that all?"

"Yup, I'll give you the paperwork you need for adoption."

"ok"

THE NEXT DAY:

"Hailey!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"Yea?"

""I'm scheduling a meeting for you to find your baby's adoptive parents."

I looked down at my bump and felt sad that I had to go through all of this just to give her up.

"Ok mom, I'll be right down."

The meeting was later that day so I had a quick lunch and then got dressed to meet the families. I was meeting with three couples today; The Clines, who couldn't have children, The Browns, who already had 4 biological kids, and The Millers, who had one other adopted daughter. I put on a t-shirt and leggings and went downstairs after I showered. 

The doorbell rang, and we greeted The Brown Family at the door. We said our hello's and then went to the couch to start the meeting.

"So what makes you want to adopt a child?"
"Well, we have 4 boys already, and we really want to have a girl. Biology just isn't on our side apparently."

I laughed nervously. Then we asked a few more routine questions, and then they left. The meetings went the same for the other two families. The only family I really liked were The Clines. I thought The Browns were adopting for the wrong reasons, and The Millers wanted me to sign a paper that says they can bring the baby back in a year if they end up not liking her. That confused me, my mom told them they couldn't do that but they kept pushing. She told them they can't have a free trial on my baby.

Mrs. Cline was really nice. She seemed like a really sweet and caring person, and she would make a really good mom. Mr. Cline asked me about school, and seemed genuinely interested in my life. He is going to make a great dad. I had pretty much decided that they would be my baby's parents. I told them they were the #1 family at this time, and we would call them to finish up the paperwork.

I felt relieved, I had finally found a good family  to care for the little bean in my stomach and I knew she was going to have a good life.