Meeting Mr. Peters

Ryan and I had talked about him taking Presleigh for the day, but I hadn't spent a whole day away from her since she was a baby. We finally agreed that he could pick her up from daycare and take her to his house. I dropped off Presleigh at daycare and gave them Ryan's name so they knew he was allowed to pick him up, and then I drove to school.

"Hailey!" I hear from behind me.

I turn around, and I'm face to face with Brandon.

"Can I please talk to you."

I cross my arms and follow him to the lounge. He sits down on the couch and pats the spot next to him. I sit in the chair across the room.

"What? You want to call me an idiot some more?" 

"No. I wanted to tell you that who Presleigh's father is doesn't matter, all that matters is that I love you."

"Brandon, I-"

"You don't have to say anything. I Have no idea what you must be going through, I just want to apologize for yesterday."

Just then the speaker buzzed.

"Any remaining seniors who need to purchase a cap and gown, have one week to do so."

"I should go do that, graduations in a week."

LATER THAT DAY

My phone rang. It was the daycare center.

"Hi ms. Peters, we're just calling to confirm Ryan Hunter is able to pick up Presleigh this afternoon."

"Yup, he's watching her today."

"Ok, thank you."

Ryan: Got her :) We're on our way home.

Hailey: See you later

I walked in the house and saw my dad standing in the kitchen.

"Uh, dad, um hi."

"Hi sweetie. Your mom was just telling me your about to graduate, that's amazing."

My dad didn't know about Presleigh, because he had left right before I got pregnant. I wasn't sure if I wanted him to know. I talked to my mom about it and she was against it but she said it was my decision. My dad stayed for dinner and while we were cleaning up the doorbell rang.

"I got it." My dad said

"Um, Mr. Peters. Uh hi."

I ran to the front door once I heard Ryan's voice and tried to stop whatever was about to happen. Spoiler alert, it didn't work.

"Ma ma!" Presleigh babbled when she saw me.

My dad's eyes darted between me, Ryan, and Presleigh.

Presleigh ran passed my dad and into the kitchen where my mom was standing.

"Nana!"

My mom looked at me and i didn't know what to do. I picked up Presleigh and motioned for Ryan and my mom to follow me upstairs.

"Be right back dad."

"What do I do?" I asked

"I think you should just tell him." Ryan said

"He knows she's not my sister or something, so he's going to ask questions. And she called you mama."

I took a deep breath and walked downstairs.

"Anyone want desert?" I ask cheerily

My dad gave me a funny look and asked, "Whats going on?"

"Dad, uh- I had a baby."

"You what?"

"That little girl you saw, that's my daughter. Me and Ryan's Daughter."

My dad glared at Ryan.

"You knocked up my daughter?!"

"Dad, stop."

"You probably ruined her chance at a good life, a good job, all because you wanted to fuck my daughter?"

"Dad!"

"Oh and you, you have made the biggest mistake of your life. She may be cute now but wait until she's in school. How are you going to pay for that little mistake of yours, huh?"

"Get out of my house Jerry." My mom yelled.

He huffed and started to walk away.

"That little mistake happens to be your granddaughter."

I started crying and ran up to my room. Ryan came up after me and held me tight while I started to cry harder. He kissed my head.

"Shh, he didn't mean it. He was just shocked. It'll be ok."

He kissed my head and held me as I cried myself to sleep.

TWO WEEKS LATER:

I tried to call my dad, but he refused to answer. I couldn't believe this. He finds out I have a kid and suddenly he's out of my life again.