The Talk

"Brandon, Leave!" Ryan yelled at his brother as he walked into the lounge.

Brandon gave him a "who the hell do you think you're talking to" look. Ryan Glared back at him, so Brandon started to stand up. My stomach dropped. There was no way I could do this alone. I stood up hoping he wouldn't notice.

"Hailey! Sit the fuck down." I sat, I had never seen him this mad before.

Brandon turned around and grabbed Ryan by the shirt.

"What is your deal? Do not talk to my girlfriend like that!"

"Brandon leave! This does not involve you."

"What are you talking about? She's my girlfriend and she's obviously upset, so yes, it does concern me."

"I'll talk to you later Brandon," I say." I  have to go grab something from my car anyway."

I kissed him goodbye and walked out of the room. As soon as the door to the lounge was out of sight, I started walking faster and faster until I realized I had run past my car. I turned around and got in. I laid my head down on the steering wheel and started crying. Why me? What had I done to deserve this, any of it? I heard a tap on my window. I looked up and saw Ryan with a tear running down his face. I unlocked the door and he sat down on the passenger side.

"Can we please talk, I'm not going to yell at you."

"I wasn't even going to keep her." 

"What?"
"I almost gave her up for adoption."
"Can we just talk?"

I looked up at him and he wiped the tears off my face and hugged me until I calmed down.

"How old is she?"

"Almost 3." 

"She's beautiful. She looks just like you."

"Thanks." I sniffled.

"So what happened, and don't tell me any more lies"

"I really don't think we should talk about this here."

"Please, I need to know what happened."

"Ok, I found out I was pregnant while we were still dating. You had already committed to playing college football and i thought a baby would get in the way of your dream. That's when I asked my mom to move to Georgia. Once she had lined up a  job there, I broke up with you. And truthfully, that was one of the hardest things I've ever done. After we moved, I registered for a school just for pregnant teens and teen moms. I found out Cassidy was student teaching there, that's how she stayed in contact with me. I cut everybody off so no one would find out. I started dating Bradley while I lived in Georgia. After we had been dating for two months, I gave birth to Presleigh. When she was 2 months old I went to come visit him back in Florida and-"

"Wait, you came back?"

"Not the point at all. When I came back, I thought I'd surprise him. His mom loves me so she helped plan it. She didn't tell him anything. When I got there, I went up to his room to surprise him and he was in bed with Emery. I broke up with him shortly after that. I went back to Georgia and everything was great. In December, my mom's old law firm here asked her to come back. They were willing to pay triple her salary her, so we came back. I deleted any pictures of Presleigh off Instagram so no one would know I had a daughter. That's when you found out I was back."

"And that's why you cried when I kissed you?"

"Yup, and when I met your brother. So the first day back Brandon found me crying in the old student lounge. He talked to me and calmed me down and I thought he was a really nice guy. I didn't even think to ask him his last name, because I didn't want anything serious. I mean I was the girl with the kid, who wants a relationship with that? So eventually after 5 or 6 months of dating he confronted me. He wanted to know what I was keeping from him because I was so distant all the time. I told him about my daughter and he freaked out at first, but then came around. He asked me to meet his parents. After dinner at your house, i went to the bathroom. While I was in there, I heard someone come in and I heard your mom call you Ryan. That's when I realized it might be you."