The Choice

*RYAN*

Somethings going on. I know Hailey, or at least I thought I did. She was holding back. That's why I kissed her. That girls emotions run through her lips. I didn't do it so we'd get back together, but if that happened that was a bonus. I did it to see what's wrong. Even when we had broken up, when I kissed her she had never run like that. I must have done something wrong. 

She called me a few months back crying ad saying she made a mistake. Did she mean she made a mistake breaking up with me? I could talk to her mom, but she doesn't like me. I know, I'll talk to Bradley.

I ran up to Bradley in the hallway and grabbed his shoulder.

"Hey man."

"Hey Ryan, what's up?"

"Do you know what's going on with Hailey. he said she had some kind of surgery."

His face went blank. He knew something.

"Nope, sorry. But what surgery, she never had surgery."

"Liar."

"Ok, I do know something, but I know Hailey well enough to know that if I told you, I'd be a dead man walking."

"c'mon, please?"

"No. I got to go. Sorry."

HAILEY

I had just picked up Presleigh up from daycare. She was almost 2 years old and she looked just like Ryan. Of course she wanted to tell him, she didn't want her baby to grow up and hate her because she never told Ryan she existed. This secret was killing her, but she didn't want to ruin Ryan's life. I can't tell him, it's been too long anyway. 

TEXTS

Ryan: What's going on

Hailey: Just because I don't want to be with you, somethings wrong?

Ryan: You're hiding something, I can tell. You're not yourself

Hailey: Of course I'm not myself, I've been cheated on twice, by the same guy and I'm still recovering from surgery. Back the hell off

Ryan: You didn't have surgery, I talked to Bradley.

Hailey: Ryan please just stop.

Ryan: I had your location, I could've come and seen you

Hailey: But you didn't. Please leave me alone

Ryan: Can we not even be friends anymore

Hailey: Friends respect each others privacy

Ryan: Fine, I won't ask anymore. But you have to talk to me

Hailey: Fine

//////////////////////////

Bradley: Can we talk?

Hailey: Absolutely not.

Bradley: I really am sorry

Hailey: I'm sure you are, but i'm done giving you any more chances. We are done. For good