Graduation

Hailey woke up and turned off her alarm. It had gone off early so she rolled over into Ryan's arms. After a few minutes they both got up and went downstairs. 

"Hey mom, could you take Presleigh today? Ryan and I have graduation practice."

"Sure sweetie. Have fun guys."

Ryan and I hopped into my car and started to drive to school. Once we got there, I saw Brandon standing next to my parking spot. If I was going to break up with him I needed to do it now. I told Ryan to go inside and I would meet him in there.

"Hey Brandon."

"Hailey, hi."

"I um, I really need to talk to you."

I started to choke on my words. This was hard, I didn't necessarily want to break up with him, but I wanted Ryan. He was a great dad to Presleigh, and he was a great guy.

"What's up? I haven't seen you in a few days."

"We need to break up. I'm so sorry, but you're moving far away and we'll be on 2 different sides of the country. I can't do long distance. I'm so sorry."

I couldn't tell him that I cheated on him with his brother. It would break him.

"No Hailey, please. We could make it work. Can we at least try?"

"Brandon, I can't. I'm sorry. We're done."

I walked inside holding back tears. The sad part was a part of me felt relieved, like a huge weight had been lifted off me. Graduation was in the gym, so I walked in to meet Ryan. I told him I broke up with Brandon and he lifted me up and kissed me. After he put me down I saw Brandon staring right at us. He looked me straight in the eyes and then walked away.

"Guess we don't have to tell him now." Ryan said.

Graduation was later that day, so me and Cassidy went out to lunch to celebrate our last day as high schoolers. 

Liked by: Cassidy_bretts, Ryan

Liked by: Cassidy_bretts, Ryan.Hunt1, EmeryM.72, and 378 others

Hailey.Peters77:  Grad Day!

COMMENTS: 

CASSIDY_BRETTS: Gorg! Can't even imagine life without you

RYAN.HUNT1: WOW😍

EMERYM.72: Maybe you'll let the secret slip

           Emma_Santos: @EmeryM.72 What secret

            EmeryM.27: Her hair, duh

LATER THAT DAY...

"Hailey hurry up! We need to get to the football field early to take pictures."

"Coming Cassidy, chill."

Once we got to the field we sat patiently while everyone got their diplomas. After about 2 and a half hours we heard the speakers come on.

"Congratulations class of 2020! You are now Graduates of Orange County High School!"

A roar came over the crowd. Everyone went to the football field to take more photos.

All the seniors were allowed to make speeches at the ceremony, but no one usually did

All the seniors were allowed to make speeches at the ceremony, but no one usually did. My mom was already on her way with Presleigh, so I decided to do this now. 

"Ryan"

"Yea?"

"I'm gonna tell people now."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

I nodded and headed toward the stage. I tapped the microphone to make sure it was on.

"Sorry to interrupt everyone, but I'd like to take this time to congratulate the class of 2020! A lot of you were my friends during freshman and sophomore year and we drifted apart. I feel like now that we're leaving, I owe everyone an explanation. You see, sophomore year I found out I was pregnant."

I heard a hushed sound go across the field.

" I moved to Georgia, so no one would find out. I was going to give her up for adoption and come back like nothing happened."

"But I knew that the second they laid her on my chest at the hospital, that she was my daughter. When I moved back I didn't tell anyone about her. Of course, it wasn't a secret I could keep for long. People started to find out. And from the bottom of my heart I want to thank the people who didn't say anything. And to my surprise, one of those people was Emery Moore."

I saw a bunch of eyes widen and then I saw my mom walking up with Presleigh. Ryan walked off stage to grab her and brought her up.

"This is our daughter, Presleigh Rose Peters."

I heard a faint clap, and than another, and another. Everyone was clapping.

"I should've done this sooner." I said to Ryan jokingly.

He kissed me and Presleigh on the head and walked back into the crowd. I picked her up and followed him. A bunch of my old friends came up and talked to me, they all loved Presleigh. After a few more people made some speeches, It was time to throw our caps. Ryan came over to me and held his cap out to me.

"To our beautiful daughter, and to whatever comes next."

I bumped caps with him.

"To presleigh and to you. I love you."

"I love you too."

We threw our caps up into the air and cheered. It was no high school musical, but in my book, it's a happy ending.

If you actually read this , Thanks! Comment what you want next. I was thinking of doing a sequel 5 years in the future.