Chapter 12

Disclaimer: I own zilch, now lets all read about Hades getting shot... oops, sorry spoilers.

Hades P.O.V

I was so very fucked, that it wasn't funny. I don't exactly know how I knew this but I did. I sighed. Note to self, never ever take Percy's Mom. He'd walking into hell, figure out that Father may or may not rise and cause war, was reminded of a previous War, capital W, that he'd fought in and was happy about it. I was so fucked.

I had been playing down exactly pissed I was about my Mom. Really I had, I have a temper and I know exactly how scary it is when I lose it and I had been a hairbreadth away for way to long. I knew that it would scare Annabeth though and it had scared Grover so I reined it in. Last time I lost my temper around him he sat on the floor with his back against the wall shaking for half an hour. He asked me never to do that around him again.

"The satyr's a wuss, right?" I asked slightly desperately.

"I'm sure that you'll be fine," Poseidon said smiling. Hestia cackled, not laughed, not chuckled full on evil cackling.

"You. Are. Screwed." She said enunciating clearly.

"Percy, what happened back there... do I really want to know?" Grover asked, biting his lip. I shook my head and he studied my face. "You can't kill the Lord of the Dead Percy, not in his own home."

"Well at least he tried to save your pathetic ass" Demeter said condescendingly, "Shame." Stupid bitch.

"Demeter, enough" Aphrodite said, "Gods, somebody might start to think that you like him." we both blanched, no... so very, very wrong.

"Watch Me," I muttered. He glanced at Annabeth who was taking in every detail of her surroundings. I could practically hear he internally cataloguing ways to escape, were to run if it came to that. I felt a surge of pride that I didn't feel I had any right to.

"That's my girl" Athena said, "He should be proud to know her"

"She is pretty remarkable," Artemis said with a possessive gleam in her eye. Sometimes I wonder if she was lying about being the Goddess of a travelling band of lesbians.

"Please Percy, for Annabeth" he whispered, we'd reached the doors of the palace. There were guards surrounding it, I could see soldiers form different wars all through history. I reluctantly agreed not to kill him and we made our way inside.

"Yes" I said with a smile, everybody stared at me. "What, was I to enthusiastic about not dying?"

"Yes" Apollo said, before turning serious, "I don't know about the rest of you but I feel almost... almost as if we know this. Maybe it's just a seer thing, but it's almost as if we've known these people for years"

"You right brother," Artemis said softly, "No matter how strange that is; either you being right or what you said. I can't help feeling that you are right"

Hades was inside the throne room standing with his back to us, facing the window. Then there was suddenly an influx of mental commands, really unsubtle ones. Come inside, relax, give in... I am your master. I internally scoffed, swatting away the mental intrusion with ease before plastering a feral smirk on my face.

"Mother-fucker" Ares swore, "You're in trouble," he informed me. Yes I thought to myself, yes I am. I haven't met anyone who can throw off my mind powers like that. Not even Zeus or Poseidon can do it that easily.

"You realise that was exceedingly rude," I said. He turned in surprise, obviously not used to being thrown off so easily. He frowned at me, subsequently releasing Grover and Annabeth.