One

11 years later...

I was put into the custody of my uncle not much longer after the police had arrived that day. Of course, nobody believed me when I told them a wolf-man killed my parents, but then again who would. However my uncle believed me, and since that day he's been training me to be a werewolf hunter just like my father before me.

In the beginning I fought it, not wanting to kill, but my uncle had not given me a choice. I was with him as he killed a young mother and her pups, I watched as he gutted a wolf in front of me. I saw what he was and what I would become and I succumbed to my future. I allowed him to teach me and I embraced my future title as a werewolf hunter.

"Now that your nineteen I think it's time you go out on a hunt on your own, and find the bastard who killed your parents," my uncle said from his seat at the table as he at his steak.

I looked up from my plate, shocked, "Are you sure?"

"I think you're ready, you've trained hard," he said. "However, you either come home with his dead body or don't come home at all. Understand?"

I quickly nodded, standing up to leave, "Yes, sir. I'm going to pack now."

"You'll leave tomorrow morning so get some rest."

I ran up to my room to begin packing clothes long enough to last some weeks. I was excited and terrified to go on a real hunt even though I knew tracking the wolf who killed my parents eleven years ago would be hard. I just hoped after all these years he would still be alive.

I looked around my room, which never really felt like mine. The walls were bare and there was nothing that showed the room belonged to someone. To be honest I never really felt like anything in the house belonged to me, everything I owned felt borrowed, like I never earned anything. I smiled at the thought of actually getting to earn something on my own.

If I could kill my parents' murderer I would earn the title of an actual werewolf hunter. I would finally be something.

Once I finished packing my clothes, I crawled into bed. I was ready for tomorrow to come.

~

I woke up to my uncle shaking me awake. I quickly got of bed and went to shower.

I sighed as the hot water hit my back, I knew this would probably be my last shower for a while. I quickly washed my dark brown hair and brushed my teeth while in the shower to save time.

Once I was done I wrapped a towel around my waist and went to get dressed. I stepped out of the bathroom I saw my uncle standing in from of me holding an outfit.

"Wear this," he said as he handed me the clothes then walked away.

The outfit consisted of thick black jeans and a black shirt along with a black leather jacket. Most likely to help protect me during an attack. I got dressed and pulled on the black boots my uncle left outside of my door. I walked down to the dining room where my uncle had a multitude of weapons laid out on the table.

I grabbed throwing knives and stored them in one of the many pockets on my jacket. I also grabbed a gun filled with sliver bullets and slipped it into the holster around my thigh.

My uncle came down the stairs holding my bag of clothes and nodded, "Make sure to grab extra bullets and put them in that small cloth bag over there."

I did as he told me to do and continued to pack weapons and other small objects into my pockets.

"Here you'll need this," my uncle said as he handed me a small vial.

"What is it," I asked as I peered at the vial which held what looked to be purple petals of some flower. I gasped. "It's wolfsbane."

"Yes, and if you're ever in a situation where you're being surrounded, break the vial and the smell should be enough to steer them away," he said. "I've packed you enough dried meats and fruits to last you for a month."

"Thank you."

I grabbed my backpack and headed to the door.

"And take this, it may get cold," he handed me a long red scarf. "It was your father's. You should start at your old home and work your way from there. There's a map in your backpack, most werewolf packs stay deep in the forest, but still close enough to towns."

I nodded and wrapped the scarf around my neck before setting off my parents' old home. I knew that if I did everything my uncle taught me nothing could go wrong, hopefully.