Seven

Alistair

I sat on the couch as everybody stared at me as if I had gone crazy.

"So you agreed to stay here for a week," one said. "With my crazy brother?"

Damon slapped him on the back of the head and I smiled.

"Yeah, as long as if it's okay with you guys," I said as I turned to look at Damon's parents.

His mother smiled, "Of course sweetheart, we would love to have you here."

Damon's father nodded, "But before we do anything we should tell the rest of the pack."

He stood up and two others followed him, "I'll go gather them now."

I looked at Damon, I was practically shaking at the thought of facing a whole pack. I mean I did come intending to kill their Alpha.

Damon sent me a reassuring smile, "Don't worry our pack is small, we have like thirty people."

He acted as if that was supposed to help.

His mother rubbed my back and his brother spoke, "It's fine, besides nobody would dare say anything to your face. They know Damon tends to have a temper."

Damon seemed proud at his brother's statement and I laughed a little.

He stood up and held out his hand, "Come on."

I took his hand and followed him to the door.

"Wait," I said, he stopped. "I'm still in your clothes."

I pointed to the oversized shirt hanging off my body.

"It's fine," he said and continued to pull me to the door.

We stepped out and there was a group of twenty or more people standing there looking curious. I stepped behind Damon and peered over his shoulder.

All the men were tall and broad like Damon, and the women were just as tall. The women were leaner than the men and there were a few teenagers. There were even a few pups.

"Everyone this is my mate, Alistair, and he's..." Damon paused and looked back at me. "He's a human."

Damon obviously left out the detail about how I came to kill their Alpha, it was probably best. Everybody stood silent and just stared, I slowly crept out from behind Damon. The crowd instantly broke the silence and began to chat amongst themselves.

Damon reached down and grabbed my hand and I began to calm down.

A little girl stepped forward and looked at Damon, "Do you love him?"

The question shocked me and I looked over at Damon.

He smiled and crouched down, "Well I just met him so I don't know yet, but I think once I get to know him I'll love him."

The little girl only nodded like she understood and her mother scooped her up with an apologetic look on her face and Damon stood back up. He looked at me and smiled and squeezed my hand.