Six

Damon

I sat on the bed as my father pulled my desk chair over to us. The boy sat on the corner of my bed next to the wall with his knees pulled to his chest. It was obvious he had been crying and my heart hurt at the thought.

"I never wanted to do what I did," my dad said.

The boy scowled, "But you still did."

My dad nodded, "I did it to protect my pack, you dad had already killed a new mother and her pups, and some of my best fighters. He was out to kill the entire pack, I had to stop him. I had to protect my pack."

The boy stayed silent as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"I didn't know he had a child," my dad continued. "But when I saw you it was already too late. I planned on taking you with me but I didn't have time and I knew a terrified child would be harder to carry. I thought you would have been better off with your own kind."

"Why did you kill my mother," he asked. He looked so distraught and confused.

My dad sighed, "She was a hunter as well, I had to kill her too. I never wanted that to happen but I had to protect my pack and with each passing day that I did nothing I was putting my pack at risk."

The boy only began to cry harder, I couldn't have imagined how hard it was to grow up without his parents. But it must be even harder now to learn these things about them.

I shifted and crawled over to him, nudging his hand. I hoped that he would allow me to comfort him. He lifted his arm and I crawled into his lap. He instantly buried his face into my neck as he gripped my fur in his hands. He cried as I wined, it hurt me to see him this sad.

I looked at my dad and he nodded and left the room. The boy eventually cried himself asleep and I crawled out of the room. I shifted back, threw some clothes on, and walked down the stairs towards the living room.

"Do you think he'll be okay," I asked my mom.

"Well your father just told him that his parents were basically murders," she said. "I think it will take some time to get used to."

Kory and Alice were there as well, along with a few council members and some of the others that were there when I confessed he was my mate.

"Is that human boy really your mate," Mike, one of the pack's best fighters and newest dad, asked.

I nodded my head, "I had a dream about him and he called me his mate."

Everyone's face morphed into a shocked look.

"That's rare," one of the council members said.

"If you had a dream about him that means he had one about you," my mom said. "Mate dreams come in pairs."

Kory sat up, "But will he even want to stay here and be with you."

Alice slapped his arm, "That's mean. Don't say that."

Kory shook his head, "Think about it, he's been raised to hate us. And now he's found out that he's destined to be with the son of his parents' murderer."

"If they're destined to be together then they'll find a way to work it out," Katie, another strong fighter who my father often relied on, said.

"He did allow you to comfort him," my dad also said. "Maybe he knows that you're meant for him."

My mom stood up and patted my shoulder, "It will be fine, everything will work out. Now I'm going to make some food, he's probably going to be hungry when he gets up."

I nodded as she walked off towards the kitchen. I sighed and plopped down onto the couch.

"You know the entire pack is going to go crazy when they hear that your mate is a human boy who came to kill your father," Kory said.

"That's true," Mike said.

"I'll handle it don't worry Damon," Dad said.

"I don't even know his name."

"My name is Alistair."

I turned my head to see him standing at the bottom of the stairs. His hair was messed up and his eyes were red from crying.

I stood up and walked towards him, "My name's Damon."

He smiled a little, "I know."

"Oh, um...are you hungry," I asked.

He nodded, "A little."

As if on cue his stomach began to growl, I laughed a little, "Come on."

I grabbed his arm and led him towards the kitchen, "Mom he's hungry."

She chuckled, "I knew he would be, here."

She handed him a plate filled with eggs, bacon, toast, and sausage.

"She's your mom," he asked he looked slightly shocked.

"Yep," I said.

I led him back to the dining room so he could eat. He sat down and began to basically swallow the food. I didn't expect for him to be that hungry but he finished the entire plate in a matter of seconds.

"So I'm your mate," he said,

"Yeah, I guess. Did you have a dream too?"

He nodded, "Your dad attacked me and you protected me. Then we stared at each other, and you told me to come find you."

I stayed silent, his dream we almost exactly like what happened earlier.

He looked at me, "Did you have a dream too?"

"Yeah, I was playing in a meadow and you called my name," I told him. A smile began to form on my face. "You smiled and said mate."

"How old are you?"

"I'm 18," I answered.

He frowned, "You're younger than me but you're bigger. It's not fair."

I laughed at his cuteness, "I'm a werewolf though. Of course, I'm gonna be bigger. How old are you though?"

"I'm 19," he said. "So if you're 18 why weren't you in school today?"

I scratched the back of my neck, "I'm actually suspended for a week."

I straighten up as an idea came to mind.

"Hey since you're still not sure about all of this and I'm going to be out of school for a week," I said. "How about you stay here for a week and if you still don't like it you can go home."

He looked skeptical but nodded his head anyway, "Fine, but only a week."

I smiled and grabbed his arm and dragged him to the living room to tell the others my new plan.