Thirteen

Alistair

We spent the next three days hidden away in Damon's bedroom. He was incredibly good at controlling his urges and was able to stay with me during his heat.

His mother constantly brought us food and we kept ourselves occupied by watching movies and playing games. The rest of the pack seemed to fall into chaos.

Apparently, many of the younger wolves in heat picked up my scent and went crazy, even tried to force themselves into the house in a heat induced craze. Damon explained that it had to do with the scent of a human omega claimed by an alpha wolf but I still didn't understand.

"It's because you're a potential mate who just so happens to smell better than normal and my alpha scent is all around it, which means competition and there's nothing a wolf likes more than competition and a chance to show off to a potential mate," he explained.

I only shrugged and laid down a plus-four card, "Uno!"

"Why are you like this?!"

I chuckled as he angrily grabbed four more cards. I bit my lip and laid down another plus four cards.

He growled and threw his cards down. He crawled over and pushed me down.

"You always win, it's now fair."

He pouted and I laughed.

"I'm sorry but all is fair in love and war," I said as I ran my hand through his overly messy hair. "Let's go take a bath."

He smiled and pulled me up. Living next to the Canadian border meant it was cold pretty much all of the time but it has been colder than normal. We took to taking baths together to warm up.

He filled up the tub as I stripped out of my boxers and his shirt. We began wearing less clothing and just wrapping up in blankets. I often wore his shirts and no pants while he paraded around flaunting his toned abs and bare chest.

After he marked me Damon has also been scent marking me quite often. In fact, one day he did it so much his mom got worried because my scent was so faint.

"The water is hot now," he said as he slipped off his pants.

He slid into the water and I climbed in after and laid my back against his chest.

"When are we going to be able to go back out into the world," I asked as he played with my fingers.

"Everything should be cooled down in two days," he said. "But I'll have one more week of school."

I only nodded.

"But hey after that I won't have any more school at all, which means I'm all yours all day every day."

I smiled at the thought of that.

We sat up and washed and then dried each other off.

"Here you can wear my hoodie," he said as he threw me his soft black hoodie. It was big on him which means it swarmed me.

I pulled my boxers on and wiggled into his hoodie as he pulled on more sweatpants. His hoodie was so soft and it smelled good, I was pretty sure I would live in it if he let me.

"Let's go get something to eat."

I hesitated before following him down the stairs. The last time I went downstairs Kory snapped at me and nearly threw me into the wall. A fight almost started between Damon and Kory and it took him a while to calm down.

This time Kory was out with Alice and we raided the kitchen for food. The other day Damon's mom made Mexican food for us and we've been surviving off of that. His mom was truly a phenomenal cook.

We went back upstairs to eat our food, it was most Damon feeding me bites of food as I laid on his chest and we watched a movie.

Eventually, we finished the food and I laid, with a full belly, on Damon. Damon's skin was always a few degrees hotter than I was, so he was always warm much like a wolf with fur.

A knock on Damon's door pulled me from my sleep.

"Come in," Damon said.

I sat up as Damon's dad came in and sat in his desk chair.

"How was the hunting trip," Damon asked.

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about."

Damon last up as well, "What happened?"

"We picked up another hunter scent far out in the forest. About a thousand yards from the edge of the meadow. The scent is close to what Alistair smelled like when he first got here meaning it's a close relative's or they live in the same neighborhood."

"Oh no, I completely forgot about my uncle! It's been almost an entire month since I left."

Damon looked at me before looking back at his dad, "What do we do. It's just one hunter we should be able to handle it."

His dad shook his head and my stomach dropped.

"There's the scent of more hunters further out. Over thirty different scents. He's bringing more to us."

I gasped, my uncle was bringing an entire team of hunters to wipe out the pack, permanently.

"This is not going to end well," Damon said as his father stood up and shook his head.

"This is going to end in one hell of a war."