Sixteen

Damon

"We stashed all your weapons in here," I told him as I pulled open the door to the shed.

He stepped inside and began to gather what we took from him.

"Grab the rest for me please," he asked.

I nodded and grabbed them and walked back to the house with him.

"Do you think they're coming tonight?"

He nodded, "Once they figure out we're not coming to them they'll come to us."

I sighed and we walked up to my room. I laid out the weapons on my bed and Alistair began slipping various knives into the multiple pockets on his jeans, the same ones he came here in.

"I have a question that I've been meaning to ask," he said.

"Ask away," I said.

"Why are you constantly scent marking me?"

I laughed, "Because you don't have a scent gland like werewolves do. That's why we bite in that specific area. The scar mark should be enough to show you have a mate but I like to scent mark you to be sure. I figured your uncle would have taught you that."

"My uncle taught me a lot of things about werewolves but mating techniques was not one of them," he said. "He taught me that a werewolf can not simply bite you to make you one though."

"Right, you would have to ingest their blood or have it passed down genetically."

He nodded and slipped his big hunting knife into its sheath. He then slipped on the belt that connected to the gun holster that wrapped around his thigh. He checked his gun before slipping it into its holster.

I watched silently as he loaded multiple clips into the pockets on his belt. The sound of clinking glass came from some of the already filled pockets and I shot him a questioning look.

He sighed and pulled out various vials from the pockets.

"What is it?"

"Some of its poison and some of it is wolfsbane."

I curled my lip at the small purple flowers in the glass tubes.

"I don't need the wolfsbane though, at least not anymore."

He slipped the other vials back but left out the one that held the wolfsbane. Thankful the vials were able to contain the stench.
He slipped on his jacket and tucked another gun my father had given him into the inner pocket.

"Alright, I'm ready."

"We have a few more hours before nightfall," I said.

"Do you want to try and get some sleep," he suggested.

I shook my head, "You can if you want to but I can't sleep."

"I want you to promise me that no matter what happens I'm only to go after my uncle," he said.

"Hell no," I said as I grabbed his wrist. "We're in this together."

He stared me down for a long time before he caved.

"Fine but stay with me, every step."

"I promise."

I smiled and leaned forward and kissed him. He chuckled and kissed me back before pushing me down onto the bed. He smirked at me from where he stood.

"No kisses?"

I pouted and whined but he only sat down in my desk chair and crossed his legs.

"That's not fair, you can't tease me like this and not kiss me," I whined.

He scoffed, "Tease you?"

I nodded, "Yeah making me watch you strap up like that, you have no idea how hot that was."

"You're insufferable."

Someone knocked on the door and he froze.

"Alistair, Damon, y'all ready," my dad asked.

"Yeah we're coming down," I responded.

We got up and headed downstairs.

"Let's get ready for a fight."

*
I crouched beside Alistair as we waited in the dark. Alistair slipped on his night-vision goggles and I watched for hunters to start coming. We had sent the pups and elders to stay in a hotel in town long before we began to wait. Alistair had warned us the hunters were merciless and Dad had decided to take extra precautions.

We were apart of the second group that would be coming from behind. The first group was filled with the younger wolves while the second wave contained the more experienced fighters.

"They're coming," Alistair whispered and no doubt the others heard.

My ears flicked towards the faint sound of crunching and a low growl grew in my chest. Alistair laid his hand on my back and I crouched deeper in the grass.

I spotted movement on the tree line and hunters we visible. They all had heavy-duty shotguns as well as thick clothing.

"Once they get closer send in the first group," Alistair said.

I nodded and waited until they were past the house. I let out a quick bark and the younger wolves made their way towards the hunters.

Shots rang out but the wolves dodged the bullets and I sounded the second signal letting the second group in. Wolves made their way behind the hunters and took them to the ground, knocking the guns from their hands.

We ran in through the fighting as more hunters appeared from the trees and fired more bullets. Alistair drew his gun and let out a shot. I heard a pained groan and knew he hit his target.

I ran forward and leapt onto a hunter who had a wolf pinned. I dug my teeth in his shoulder and he let out a howl of pain. The wolf beneath him raked her hind claws into the tender flesh of his stomach before moving out from underneath him.

My ears swiveled back as another hunter came from behind, I let go of his shoulder and moved out of the way as the hunter's knife narrowly missed my shoulder. I prepared to attack but a bullet went through his head and he crumpled to the ground. Alistair nodded his head at me before going off and shooting another hunter in the knee.

I whirled around and continued teaming up with other wolves to take down the hunters. More came from the tree line but were quickly met with a fierce fight. But just as quickly we were taking their men down they were killing ours.

I spotted Alistair and Dad running after a man heading deeper into the woods. I turned to follow them but a bullet just barely missed my head. I turned my attention back to the fight at hand and hope that everything would be okay.