Twenty-Six

Damon

"Cyrus, please," I heard Alistair plead from where he laid on the couch.

Cyrus was currently banging on his toy drum and Alistair was unfortunately dealing with a rather horrible headache at the moment.

"How about you go play with your sister," I suggested. I figured he would be fine until I could get Alistair up to our room.

He only nodded and went to the kitchen where Rain and Nadiya was. I moved over to Alistair and moved my arms under his knees and head.

"I'm about to pick you up," I warned him. He faintly nodded and I picked him up and took him upstairs to our room.

"I'm still mad at you," I told him as I set him down.

He chuckled, "Is it because I threw the-"

"Yes, because you threw the stick but really hid it behind your back and I fell for it!"

He laughed, "I'm sorry, I didn't think you would actually run for it."

"Me neither," I said with a scowl. I guess werewolves are really just big dumb dogs deep inside.

"Papa!"

Rain ran into the room and launched herself into my arms.

"Daddy?"

"Daddy isn't feeling well right now," I said as I picked her up. "We're gonna go downstairs and let him sleep okay."

"Okay," she waved at Alistair as I walked towards the door with her.

"I'll come back up with some food," I told him before I shut the door.

"Wanna help me make some food for Daddy?"

"Yes!"

I walked down the kitchen as sat her on the counter as Nadiya walked in with a wiggling Cyrus in her arms.

"How's Alistair?"

"He's good, just a headache."

"Nadie!"

Rain reached out towards her and she passed Cyrus off to me. Rain and Cyrus both called Nadiya "Nadie" instead of Mom. We all decided to allow the children to know that's she was their mom and we even called her mom around them in the beginning but both Rain and Cyrus insisted on "Nadie".

"Tomato soup and grilled cheese, " Nadiya asked and Rain yelled in excitement. Cyrus was more chill but he seemed to like the suggestion.

"Want help?"

Nadiya waved me off, "Rain and I got it. Go play with Cyrus."

I nodded and took Cyrus upstairs with me.

"Daddy?"

Cyrus crawled over to Alistair and tucked himself under Alistair's arm.

"Hey there buddy."

Cyrus looked so much like Alistair. The same candy apple green eyes and somber attitude. Their hair was this same brown color, only Cyrus's was more of a gingerbread color. So was his fur. It was hard to look at them and not instantly know he was his son.

"Where Rain?"

"Downstairs cooking with Nadiya."

He hummed and continued to pet Cyrus's hair. I watched as Cyrus slowly began to fall asleep. It was almost unreal how quickly Alistair could get both kids to fall asleep.

"Feel any better?"

He nodded, "It doesn't feel like someone is hammering my head anymore. It just feels full."

I leaned over and laid beside him.

"It's crazy how fast they grow," he whispered. "It's hard to believe Cyrus is already a year old."

"I know."

"Alright," he said and cleared his throat. "Nadiya and I decided to make a bet on what gender the next one is gonna be."

"Oh god."

"I say girl, Nadiya says boy."

"I'll think a boy but we agreed to wait another year before trying for another one."

"I know that. We're just taking bets."

"Food," Nadiya said as she carried a tray in.

We sat up and sat on the bed. The tray was piled with grilled cheese and mugs of tomato soup.

"This is amazing," Alistair said as he grabbed his mug and a sandwich.

Cyrus was up and Alistair dipped the grilled cheese in the soup and held it out for Cyrus to eat. He grabbed Alistair's hand and leaned forward to take the bite.

His small canines stood out among his teeth the most. They were small but extremely sharp. Rain's canine teeth had gotten longer too. Cyrus was very aware his teeth were sharp and he was always careful when Alistair fed him.

Rain on the other hand has some serious puppy tendencies and literally gnaws on everything.

"Geez, were you hungry," Alistair asked with a short laugh as Cyrus tore through the sandwich.

"Rain practically drank the soup," Nadiya said as she wiped of Rain's mouth.

I smiled.

"She truly is your daughter," Alistair said as he pointed to my mouth.

I frowned and wiped my mouth. He laughed and I scowled at him.
"This family is a mess," Nadiya said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, but it's our family," Alistair said.

I felt my chest swell with pride. This was our family, our pack. I don't think I could have been prouder about anything in my life.