The big day

"Good morning security uncle!!" I wished the security at the entrance. "Good morning madam" he replied. I kept biometrics and went inside. "Hi, Heena!" Sheela(one of my colleagues) greeted me with a warm smile, I smiled back then I directly headed to my working bay Today is a big day for me as my project head Ajay called me yesterday and told me that from the next day I'm going to manage our current project as our manager (Rajesh) was in leave.

he told: "if you perform well in this project then for our upcoming projects you will be our manager". I was in shock, actually surprised and asked with widening eyes "why I'm what happens to Rajesh, he will come after his leave Ri...". Peter (one of our project managers) interpreted "he went to on-site(Mumbai) for our e-learning mobile app project" then I nodded in ok. Ajay told me the work responsibility that I have to follow from the next day, along with my usual work of course and I left the room.

I was so excited and nervous at the same time, I know I'm not the head but the manager is also not a small position because I'm working hard for the past three years to come to this position. So, I have to prove that I'm capable of becoming a manager so I start my work with a bright smile and fire in my heart.

Yeah, I'm working as a BDA (business development associate) in Tytain Software Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore.

Coming back to today:

From today I'm going to handle the project, not officially, but also I held a team meeting to collect everyone's report as everyone has a good bond with me I just explain about our target for the upcoming week and new features which have been updated in our project and our deadline of this month which Ajay told me the before day. I eventually asked the support team to upsell the new features to our clients. After I finished the meeting everyone is motivated and moved very fast to the bay and I too started my work. Then I went to the project head's cabin I saw him with our MD SAMUEL GREEK, I greeted them and submitted the report which I collected from all staff and I too explained my plan for the coming week as well, Samuel told "I'm impressed by your idea but you have to set the target a bit low so that you can complete in this month" I confidently replied, "I can complete that as I have done alone the 50% of the target previous month and also we have some unique features updated in our project so that I'm more confident on my plan and target". He Smiled and appreciated my boldness and confidence. I thanked them and went out for lunch. After lunch, I was working in my bay when I heard a clap sound with attention (it's our office culture when they are going to announce something) when we all turn our heads and some stand from their chair to listen then we saw our M.D with a bright smile he greets everyone and started "I'm very glad that our company has reached to top 10 lists of fast-growing companies" with this very one cheered with claps and hooking, he continued "As a result of this we got a new project from India's top university" again claps sounds "I want to share one more good news Before relieving that I just wanna call Heena our new project manager here" he pointed next to him.

I was very shocked "what? project manager? ME?" it means I got that position, I step forward and everyone again clapped and cheered, MD shook his hand to me. I'm shivering in happiness he stated "The Lucknow university Chairman has agreed to the IEL(individual e-learning) project for their students" wow he was my client to whom I spoke a week ago but he just asked for time to think now we got it!!, "I want to give the credit to Heena for her hard work and appreciate her with a small reward of 2,000 INR" he handed me a check then we took photos wow great today is the best day of my life, I feel like I was reached very close to my goal as my goal is to become a project head and later start a new business of my own(which is likely impossible because already my parents are searching a groom for my marriage) I started to home a little early as I'm not in the mood to work instead mood to celebrate.

As I stepped out off the floor I immediately called Ram my best friend my sharing, caring, a loving person in my life whom I love more but after my family. As he picked up the call I asked him to meet me in the office cafeteria. Yes, he is also working with me in the same office but in the developing and creating department as he had very good knowledge of computer coding. After a wait of 10 minutes he came inside the cafeteria I ordered tea for him and coffee for me. He asked "what happen why did you call me, is anything serious" little panic tone but I calmly replied, "yes,... the thing is..." "Damn tell me what happens" he is so curious and nervous now, I'm chuckling inside by his reactions. I hesitatingly told "how I should tell that... I got..." "hmm tell me" he straighten my face to look into his eyes "I'm promoted as project manager," I said in one go. He sighed and glared at me with a smiling face and leaned back in his chair. I started laughing out of my lungs at his reaction. he was happy and angry because of my drama, he hit my head and started sipping his tea which is cold half away, then he told "idiot, one day you will kill me with your stupid dramas" after another sip of our drinks "now tell me when this happened" he asked "today after lunch Samuel announced it" I replied by gulping my last sip of coffee. He asked while handing me the tissue to wipe my mouth "ok, so Monday we are going to Chettinad restaurant (our favourite place)", "why?" I asked wiping my lips he said "treat my dear" I asked "for what?" by rising my eyebrow, and he replied, "Hey, this is a big success you have to.." I told, "that's why this chai" he pouted "okay, Monday lunch is confirmed because I got a reward too" he was surprised and happily gave me a side hug. Then, I shared everything of today with him inch by inch as we both left out the building and reached the bus stop with my nonstop talk. I asked him "you too got permission to go home" he replied "Noo..." By realising where he was "oh my god !! idiot, one day because of you I'm going die" I again laughed at his situation I pinched his cheeks "soo cutee" then I hold his hand said, "thank you so much only because of you I got this and everything, thank you ram" he sighed and told, "idiot it's all because of your hard work" he crossed his finger and I too intertwined mine by saying "friend you yaar" meanwhile my bus came and I bid bye to him and seated in the bus and started thinking about Ram.

He was a very shy type when I met him. We were friends since my college days. I belong to the backbench girls gang and he is the topper of our class, we become friends as I had taken a rental room next to his house in the city whereas my friends leave in a college hostel itself which is so expensive for me to afford. He used to write my assignments sometimes and he helped me to pass my exams by teaching me all in the last night. He will bring me food from his house and if I'm ill he'll take me to the doctor and really took great care of me in all my difficulties even this job is also referred by him only. I finished my graduation and came for work whereas he took post-graduation after this I bring him into my working office and again we started outing and teasing everyone and especially, he too became naughty like me.

"stop stop... please stop..." I screamed as I saw the board...