Target Practice

He dashed upstairs and came back down with a Ruger Single Six convertible .22 revolver. He had a full box of bullets and I got mine. Sean went wide-eyed and rushed over to us.

"What are you doing with that?!"

"I'm going to the range with (y/n). Don't worry, I won't try to do it again."

"Okay, I trust both of you."

"Bye!"

I put my gun in my back pocket and he put the gun in a holster that magically appeared. I put the bullets in my other back pocket and he put his under his hat. I laughed as a couple fell out. He put them back under his hat, but they kept falling out. I caught them and put them in my front pocket. He laughed and I saw the shooting range. I saw my friend who worked there, (s/f/n), and waved. They ran up to me and gave me a huge hug. I hugged back and when they let go, they saw Chase and nearly died.

"Oh my god! You're Chase Brody! I love the trick shots you do!"

"Why, thank you. I have never met a fan before."

"So are you here to do target practice, or just look adorable?"

"I actually came here with (y/n) to do some shooting."

They let us in, no charge and we went to the targets. I got some ear plugs for the both of us and (s/f/n) let me borrow some sunglasses. I got my gun out and loaded it. I had one ear plug in so I could hear Chase in case if he did or said something. I loaded it and put the ear plug in and sunglasses on. Chase had the ear plugs in and he was aiming. I saw that he was a little off, so I let him shoot. He was a ring away. He shot until he was done and I stepped up to the other one. 

I hit it in the bulls eye every single time. May I remind you that an SR22 is small an hard to aim, so if I hit a bulls eye even once, I'm very happy. I turn to Chase and he looks very surprised. I load again and he does the same.

"Want to switch," he asks.

"Hell yeah! This gun barely has a kick, so using your gun will be nice."

We switched and he did pretty badly. I did really good, even though it was heavier. I gave back his gun and he aimed low. I couldn't help it, so I went over to him and pushed the gun up a little. He fired and he hit the bulls eye. I smiled as he fired again. I could tell that he was enjoying himself, but why wasn't he before? I was snapped out of my thoughts by him asking something.

"(y/n)?"

"Hmm?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"Well..."

"Come on, you can tell me."

"I can see that you're enjoying yourself here, but why not when you're with your brothers?"

"Look, I am enjoying myself here, but...."

"If someone is hurting you, I will help as much as I can."

"You might want to take my gun." I took his gun and he continued.

"I was married once. I was married to a woman named Stacey and we had two adorable kids, Lucy and Sammy. As your friend said, I do trick shots for a living and I make money off of them. But for Stacey, it wasn't a 'job to support a family'. We separated and she took the kids with her. I fell into depression and started drinking. We got divorced and she got full custody and I only get a weekend a month, no holidays." 

He lowered his head and I put my hand on his shoulder. He lifted his head and my face was a deadpan. He looked a little taken back by my face, but he smiled. His gun shook in my hand. I was so angry, why would that bitch do that to him? He opened his mouth, but I turned around and put his gun up to the target. He only used two bullets, so I could take my anger out on this target. I fired and my wrist locked the gun in place. I hit it straight on and I pulled the hammer back. I fired and it went in the exact spot the other one was, making no hole.

I was done with the shooting because my wrists hurt. I was used to using my cute self defense gun, but Chase's gun was heavy. I cracked my wrists and gave back the sunglasses. (s/f/n) took them and waved to both of us as we walked out. I could tell that Chase was happier just by doing that. Not that happy, but doing that took a little dread off of his chest.

We went back to the house and I opened the door to see...