Chapter XVI - Flight to Allegrya

Cassian ate his late breakfast in pure and absolute silence. Brianna eyed him from behind her cup of tea, that she softly blew on. Azriel just looked on, completely unbothered.

"I'm sorry," Brianna finally said to Cassian, "I didn't think you would have gotten that scared."

When Brianna and Azriel had landed on the balcony, they found Cassian in a deep slumber, exactly as Azriel had left him. Though instead of being on the bed, among the pillows, Cassian had fallen off, at some point when Azriel went to meet Brianna, maybe finding the stone floor more to his comfort.

Then Azriel just strolled into the bathroom, and when he came back, he had a pail of water in his hands. Brianna only watched as he dumped the pail's contents on Cassian, who had woken up in a guttural shriek, springing up to life, grabbing the metal pail right out of Azriel's hands, and flung it so hard against the balcony's glass door that it completely shattered. He then spent the next fifteen minutes apologising to Brianna, promising that he'll pay to get it fixed, completely soaked to the bone and still clad in just his undergarments, while Azriel had to keep himself from laughing too hard.

And now Cassian grumbled something not quite coherent, poking at his food in his plate as he shot Azriel another glare.

"Azriel did say it wasn't anything he hadn't done before," Brianna said, in defense of the both of them, as though maybe those words would comfort Cassian.

"That may be true," he replied, but still gave the shadowsinger a hard look, "But it's not a good reason for him to coax you into his nonsense." Like he had never done anything of the sort before.

"Since when have you been the serious one?" Azriel shot him.

"Since when have you been so bold?" Cassian shot back, his brows curving up knowingly.

Azriel pressed his lips together, containing the blush before it spread. Ah, he had him there.

And then Yohann strolled into the dining hall, making a beeline for their table, dumping a pack on the ground by his feet when he reached them. Like the Illyrians, he wore his fighting leathers, though he had far less weapons on him, only a few daggers and that long golden staff across his back, his vessels gleaming with life again. So he was to come with them too.

Yohann eyed Brianna, furrowing his brows. "Where's your pack? We're leaving soon."

She simply waved him off. "It's fine, I'll get my things after we eat."

Yohann just crossed his arms. "You know we're leaving at noon."

Brianna whipped her head to him, "Noon?"

It was a quarter to that hour exactly.

A sly smile spread on Yohann's face, "Did someone stay up a little too late last night?"

Brianna only shot him a glare, before rising to stand, nearly dragging her feet as she walked out from the dining hall. Unlike Azriel or Cassian, who hadn't brought anything with them except for what they wore, Brianna did mention she needed to pack her own supplies, whatever they were.

Yohann took over her seat, eyeing the Illyrians, and his gaze landed on Cassian's sour face.

"Rough night?"

"Your liquor is poison," was Cassian's reply, and Azriel was inclined to agree.

Yohann only nodded, sporting a wide grin, "Your High Lord told me something very similar, but I knew you'd be one to appreciate it," then his eyes roved down to a discarded piece of paper on the table. He picked it up, read it over, then let out a snort, "Brianna had quite the itinerary planned out for you."