Chapter 41 - The Guzzler's Groin

Azriel had to force himself to calm down as he watched Brianna give the Illyrian warrior a sly smile, having said those words so casually, with an exuding self-confidence.

It would be my pleasure.

Those words made Yohann let out another puff of laughter, the grin on his face telling Azriel everything he needed to know about what was to ensue.

But those words were also just enough fire to fuel the rage that was growing in that male soldier. The audacity Brianna had, the nerve. She was just some mere female who had waltzed into camp only moments ago, and who now thought she was better than he was. Who had gone up to him, had the guts to teach those female recruits. And who now stared him down, unfazed, unafraid.

He wasn't going to go easy on her, not one bit.

It was like a crowd had manifested around them, like somehow they all knew that something was about to go down. Suddenly even Cassian had come back, and was now by Azriel's side, eyeing the whole situation with as much interest as Yohann was.

Brianna and the male were alone in the ring now, the female, Lyvia as they had now learned, having gone to join the rest of the recruits. While Brianna stood in a rather casual stance, her feet slightly apart, with one foot a little forward than the other, the Illyrian male was eyeing her like he was about to devour her. And by the look in his eyes, Azriel knew what kind of horrible and obscene thoughts ran through his mind. That and, the other Illyrians around them mocking her, taunting her to try to fight one of their own; it kickstarted a very uncomfortable feeling in his gut.

It was an effort not to do or say anything, as he knew this was not his place, though he felt himself clench his fists. If he interfered now, if he put a stop to this, then it would make Brianna appear weak, it would make her an easy target for the others currently ogling her.

But Azriel knew she was strong, he knew she was capable. That she would not have gone into that training ring, not have looked the male in the eye and challenged him if she couldn't take it. Maybe it will do the Illyrian brute well for Brianna to teach him a lesson.

"Don't you cry now, when I knock you off your feet," the male snarled, like he had expected her to cower at his words.

But Brianna let loose a wicked grin, going as far as to place a hand on her hip.

"I'd like to see you try."

"Oh," Cassian breathed, nudging Azriel slightly. He couldn't help but drop his cool and authoritative general commander mask that he wore when in the camps, now looking a child about to watch a show, "This is going to be good."

The warrior was circling her again, truly resembling a wolf going round a doe. But Brianna was no doe, she was looking at him too, eyeing him and his every movement. She watched how he clearly wasn't fully interested in her, how he turned to cast grins to the cheering onlookers. How he truly believed that this fight would be over in mere seconds, and that victory would be his.

"Come on now, are you sure you want to do this?" The male taunted, a sickening grin on his face that Brianna felt like slicing off, "It would be a shame to damage a sweet pretty thing like you."

Brianna didn't bat an eye as she angled her head at him, not giving him the satisfaction of a response.

That seemed to have pissed him off to a certain degree, as well as was enough confirmation he needed. For the male then lunged at Brianna with all his might, similar to what he had done to Lyvia. But unlike her, his first was met with air, for Brianna simply stepped aside to her right.

He paused, turned, seething, and tried to throw a punch, but she just stepped aside once again.

"Playing games, are ya?" The warrior sneered, turning to her once more. He almost looked confused by what she was doing, though it didn't stop the smirk from spreading on his lips, "I could think of a far more entertaining game we could play."